Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help identifying year & model of boat - Dorsett

Help identifying year & model of boat - Dorsett 2 years 11 months ago #144605

Hey all! New member from central TX, USA here! Hoping y'all can help me identify the YEAR & MODEL of my boat (Dorsett) that I'm working on restoring... Any guidance you can provide is appreciated, I'm thinking '67 - '70 range? Maybe 17' Catalina? It has wiring for a cabin light, could sleep two (6' benches in cabin). Please let me know what other info may be needed to help identify year & model! Thanks!

Additional photos (and restoration project progress) at Dorsett Restoration (Central TX)r/dorsettrestortation

Mods: Sorry if this is in the wrong 'forum'; still new and wasn't sure where to place this inquiry! Thanks for your patience & help!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Help identifying year & model of boat - Dorsett 2 years 11 months ago #144636

106 views... no suggestions? I'm losing hope!

Help identifying year & model of boat - Dorsett 2 years 10 months ago #144685

Well, I'll give it a try. Is the boat about 16.5' long on a center-line measurement? If so then it might be a Dorsett Catalina. None of the pictures show a bulk-head or control station, does any of that exist yet? Both sides of the rear of the cabin/beginning of the cockpit, (the sloped part that goes from gunwale to roof) appear to be cut out (yellow outline in pic). Prior to 1963 the Catalina had a long sloping gunwale ending at the motor well, as on the 1962 catalog cover. I've not found an "official" 1963 Catalina image, but by 1964 that long slope was deleted like on the blue '64 or the yellow/white '65,and yours.
By 1970 Dorsett was gone, but some of the moulds were purchased by others and some production of some models continued on for some years.
That is why I included the caveat "might be a Dorsett Catalina" above. Without a hull plate or original registration papers, it might be a tough call
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)