Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15573

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I too am interested in helping in anyway I can. I am in the northeast corner of New England but will do what I can.
I have a boat, motor, and trailer I need to move asap if I can get close to my asking I'd donate a couple hundred dollars for materials for the project if someone wants to set up a kitty for the project. I'd like it to be more but we some some issues to tend to around here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15574

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thank you jim you can send any money to ron vuyosevich
8 pearl court
lodi,nj,o7644
i think we might start a bank account or paypal account,and as the ones working on the boat motor and trailer can get it from ron,he volunteered to do the paper work,and we will post what it costs with reciepts ,after all it is you folks money,and you should know how its being spent.
should we make a post with rons adress so folks can see where to send cash donations?its all up to you folks.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15580

I'm not an accountant but I think papers have to be filed with the IRS to form a charity.

John I've looked hard at the pics you posted of the completed Ray and I gots faith in ya. It would probibally go up for auction the first day or two. Hey...worth a shot.

I was planning on puttin' the motor up for sale when I get to MI in a couple weeks. I can also donate the $$$ it sells for....same same. I'll check back.

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15583

Look guys, no need for $ for the trailer I'm donating. It is completely rebuilt and perfect for the Manta Ray Brian Lawson is donating. The boat is sitting on the trailer that is being donated. What this means is that I am not restoring any trailers for this deal. Got one done already, no need for anything. Heck, it's legally licensed even! The only paperwork required is me signing the NYS transferable registration over to whoever.

John will need all the cash he can get for materials for the MR. It needs a lot of help. I can't afford cash, which is why I offered this nicely refurbished trailer. It's worth a couple hundred bucks just in materials alone, not counting my time.

Frank

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15585

CAT*FIN*k wrote:

WOW! I got busy for a few days and things have really been rollin'. If a Manta Ray Primier is used...How bout' contacting Barret-Jackson for the sale? I think it would bring a much higher price and they love doing things like this. I've been reading about finding 1 child to help. With help coming in from around the country is there a national charity that helps families with living & travel costs resulting from medical costs?

Ronald McDonald House comes to mind:

rmhc.org/

Also Gilda's Club may be able to provide leads:

www.gildasclub.org/

Perhaps this one - The Aubrey Rose Foundation:

www.aubreyrose.org/foundation.htm

As the project develops, an organization will surface.

John, you mentioned that you weren't sure your skills are up to Barrett-Jackson caliber. Remember there are MANY people supporting this effort, you aren't alone, so share the load! :) I have no doubt the finished project will be VERY worthy of a Barrett-Jackson auction or something similar. And while we're at it, let's go further. If it's ok with the group, I'll contact Chip Foose and the people at Overhaulin', explain what we're doing, and see if they'd like to donate a tow vehicle. The Project X 2011 boat, a tow vehicle by Chip Foose and the auction on Barrett-Jackson seems like a winning combination to me! Another thing that can and should be done is to contact the media - boating publications, network news, etc. Put clips on YouTube. Spread the word, we all should feel proud of what is being done here. The more people that know, the more interest and help there will be. Don't be afraid to dream and think BIG about this!! :D

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15588

I work on motor's as a business, as I said earlier, especially the old low tech outboards. Who has the motor at the moment, and what is exactly wrong? Has it been sitting out in the weather for a decade & is in need of a complete overhaul, or has it been in use recently and just needs some spiffing up? Granted, I'm not geared up to work on these million dollar man high tech computer controlled newer motors ... but that's how I like it, My shop don't have the overhead those high end shops do, so it saves everyone involved $ and I can work on the average working man's boat motor without them having to be late on their electric bills!! LOL! So someone tell me the deal with the motor ..... don't go spend a fortune for a high end shop till I say if I can get ur dun or not. Is that 700 merc the dude?

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15590

Or is it the 500 that was LS conversion? Is Tim gonna work on it for the project, or is he just running a shop that's gonna cost alot? Sorry, I'm realy kinda excited at chance for helping out on something like this, don't mean to sound scatterbrained! LOL!

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15591

So LW, you anywhere near Lake DeGray? There are a bunch of Power Cats there either this coming weekend or the weekend after. Some are running vintage motors, others brand new stuff. It will be a crazy time, and I just wish I could be there!

Somebody else will have to clue you in to whatever is going on with a motor. I donated the trailer, I'm done!

Frank

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15593

Nah, Bull shoals is way up on the mo/ar line ... My cousin runs a big place on DeGray though .. got a store,bait shop,dry dock, cabins, etc.. the works!! I would have went down there to visit had I known before hand!It's gonna be this weekend, starting tomorrow, so too late for me to plan. UUGGHHH!! Oh well, thx for the heads up though. LOL!!

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15594

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
i dont think this is really a charity,we are doing this once and just giving money to a family of a child in need,but what do i know,lol.
silver ghost,that sounds good but im only one guy in a 14 x24 garage,im not chip foose material,lol,plus i would have to take my time because of my heart,chip does his stuff in a week.heck it took over 5 months for the sunray,lol.wow this is like a red bull it has wings,lol.
frank said this boat is in need of alot of work,its looking like my boat is going to have to go outside for the winter,and ill have to heat the garage with electric heaters,and do this boat 1st,but thats ok.
but if you know how to help out in this way then go for it ,more power to the cause.
lw,im not in charge of the motor,ron is taking care of that,but i think he has 2 guys in mind that are close to the motor,but if that doesnt work you will be next in line,i thank you for your offer.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15599

I'm thinking the 700 motor might be a better match for that hull, especially when you see Ron's.

Details on the Merc 500 that I'm willing to offer (unrestored) to the project are as follows:

Merc 500 4cyl
Was running when purchased from Mark (Houston) in 2006. No doubt it will need a tune up. To quote Mark's words: "Tim replaced the the completemag sytem in it and put it on a on a long shaft leg, which the lower unit seals where replaced."
Stored inside my garage on a wooden stand ever since.
This motor was originally a short shaft but was converted to a long shaft. Its kinda ugly, and needs a cosmetic overhaul.

I have the ability but no time to provide the overhaul. Someone else will need to do it.
Attachments:

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15602

Well, a couple of thoughts here. If we want to raise cash, rare and cool are better than common and boring. The Manta Ray wins. Don't hang your hat on Make-A-Wish; they are what they are, and they do great things. But they don't do what we do. So maybe we need to market ourselves as helpers. Maybe we have an in to do this through the ACBS or another similar organization. I need to think about whether this is appropriate for us or me personally as a Rudder contributer.

In any town all across this great country there are families struggling with catostrophic medical expenses related to childhood illness. Finding someone who needs help is easy. Finding the right person among all those who need it will be hard, probably VERY hard, because every story is heart wrenching. Lets not focus on the who right now, lets focus on the what and how. We're aways away from the who just yet anyway.

Get outside the box. Think like a child, what would you want? Hell I don't want the money, I want the boat! I want to survive, and when I survive, I want this ultra cool boat to remind me of my fight. And I want to drive it for as long as I live.

I don't know guys, dangling a cool boat in front of a child, and then selling it and handing over cash to a family isn't working for me. The few thousand we raise in a sale won't put a dent in a million dollar medical bill, but a smile on the face of a kid with the wind blowing through his/her hair (assuming they still have some) has no price. That's what Make-A-Wish does, it gives the experience. Screw the money. Give them the experience, and something to live for. Look at the faces of the kids in the original Project X. Think you'd get that handing over a bag of cash to the parents?

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15604

the trailer issue is resolved. its been restored and ready to go. nothing is needed other than to carpet it. the mantaray is on it and its licensed.
the first motor that was offered is a merc 500 longshaft,by chris in canada. he can deliver it to dave (cc1000) in buffalo. Dave can bring it to tim's shop where john gibson will pick it up. i have someone in mind from pennsy to do the resto. hopefully he will have time to do it. materials will be paid thru the fund for anybody willing to donate there labor unless he/she wants to do both.
the second motor offered is a 700 merc by catfink. shipping costs might make that a longshot. your thoughts. ron

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15607

vuyosevich wrote:

crosbyboat wrote:

Well, a couple of thoughts here. If we want to raise cash, rare and cool are better than common and boring. The Manta Ray wins. Don't hang your hat on Make-A-Wish; they are what they are, and they do great things. But they don't do what we do. So maybe we need to market ourselves as helpers. Maybe we have an in to do this through the ACBS or another similar organization. I need to think about whether this is appropriate for us or me personally as a Rudder contributer.

In any town all across this great country there are families struggling with catostrophic medical expenses related to childhood illness. Finding someone who needs help is easy. Finding the right person among all those who need it will be hard, probably VERY hard, because every story is heart wrenching. Lets not focus on the who right now, lets focus on the what and how. We're aways away from the who just yet anyway.

Get outside the box. Think like a child, what would you want? Hell I don't want the money, I want the boat! I want to survive, and when I survive, I want this ultra cool boat to remind me of my fight. And I want to drive it for as long as I live.

I don't know guys, dangling a cool boat in front of a child, and then selling it and handing over cash to a family isn't working for me. The few thousand we raise in a sale won't put a dent in a million dollar medical bill, but a smile on the face of a kid with the wind blowing through his/her hair (assuming they still have some) has no price. That's what Make-A-Wish does, it gives the experience. Screw the money. Give them the experience, and something to live for. Look at the faces of the kids in the original Project X. Think you'd get that handing over a bag of cash to the parents?

brian, i agree. a boat in your hands wins hands down rather than a cash donation, but then you are limiting the age of the recipient who this will go to. he/she would have to be of age for an operators license. or am i wrong. ron

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15609

Again Ron, it's the experience. We need to think about this. Cash is impersonal and goes to the parents. The boat may need to go the parents initially, but as John suggested, by God if it's got my name on it, I know the story. It's mine. I can ride in it, drive it, and when I make it to the age of majority, it'll be mine. I'm not saying cash is out, but cash is so pedestrian when someone is really, really sick because there is never enough cash. I have close up experience, as I'm sure some of you do, of medical bills bringing a family to ruin. A few grand isn't going to change that. But an outlet for some fun sure will. If you can put a smile on a family's face, even for a day, I think that's priceless.

We need more ideas and thoughts. Lay em out here. We've got lots of time to get this right. And there are some lawyers here (even Southern lawyers :ohmy: ) who can help us with the legal stuff. We aren't going to be a charitable organization. Anyone who's thinking they need the tax write off probably ought to look elsewhere to donate. Keep this simple and pure. Bring joy to a child and family. How the devil can you lose with that.

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15610

lonewolf8814 wrote:

I work on motor's as a business, as I said earlier, especially the old low tech outboards. Who has the motor at the moment, and what is exactly wrong? Has it been sitting out in the weather for a decade & is in need of a complete overhaul, or has it been in use recently and just needs some spiffing up? Granted, I'm not geared up to work on these million dollar man high tech computer controlled newer motors ... but that's how I like it, My shop don't have the overhead those high end shops do, so it saves everyone involved $ and I can work on the average working man's boat motor without them having to be late on their electric bills!! LOL! So someone tell me the deal with the motor ..... don't go spend a fortune for a high end shop till I say if I can get ur dun or not. Is that 700 merc the dude?

any idea what it would cost to ship the 700 (170lbs)from west mi. to arkansas, and then back to sw pennsylvania. ron
just asking in case others feel the 700 is more appropriate.

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15611

crosbyboat wrote:

Again Ron, it's the experience. We need to think about this. Cash is impersonal and goes to the parents. The boat may need to go the parents initially, but as John suggested, by God if it's got my name on it, I know the story. It's mine. I can ride in it, drive it, and when I make it to the age of majority, it'll be mine. I'm not saying cash is out, but cash is so pedestrian when someone is really, really sick because there is never enough cash. I have close up experience, as I'm sure some of you do, of medical bills bringing a family to ruin. A few grand isn't going to change that. But an outlet for some fun sure will. If you can put a smile on a family's face, even for a day, I think that's priceless.

We need more ideas and thoughts. Lay em out here. We've got lots of time to get this right. And there are some lawyers here (even Southern lawyers :ohmy: ) who can help us with the legal stuff. We aren't going to be a charitable organization. Anyone who's thinking they need the tax write off probably ought to look elsewhere to donate. Keep this simple and pure. Bring joy to a child and family. How the devil can you lose with that.

I agree with your train of thought Brian.

A restored fiberglass boat, especially under these circumstances with group participation, is priceless. A donation of cash is just cash. The recipient can turn a boat into cash, but they can also reap the smiles and memories beforehand if they choose do so so. Hand 'em the keys and let them enjoy the moment.

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15612

crosbyboat wrote:

now i understand ya. when the childs of age he/she will then be able to operate it. john, your thoughts on this..its your baby. shout out to that Alabama gal. your thoughts corrine...

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15614

I wonder if an operation like Kyle Petty's Victory Junction... could USE "our" (donated) boat to give any number of sick children and their parents the experience we all so love? I live in NC... and could likely arrange to talk to him or his representatives. My Father-in-law and Lee Petty (Kyles Grandpa) grew up together. I have been to Petty Enterprises several times for "non-public" tours with Lee and Richard... and have met Kyle before.

I have to agree with Brian also... The cash would be pretty meaningless. My brother has been battling cancer... his bills are over $1 mil already, and his direct part is over $100,000. That's why I am "loaning" him my MFG. The creditors can't come get it... and he can take his son to the lake any time he wants.

Any sick child's bills will be WAAAAY over anything we could hope to accumulate through the boat's sale.

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15626

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
i dont care either way,i had said if anyone read it,that the child could watch as his/her boat was being restored right here on fg,then we would take that family and make a day or weekend with them,letting them drive the boat,and then name the boat after the child.
as for selling it and giving the family all the money is still a good idea,i dont care if its medical bills or a trip on a cruise liner,or that special something the childs always wanted,let them spend it any way they want.
i also said that the child could help work on that special boat.

---Mark Twain

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15632

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
There is a group of folks in Texas that have restored several thompsons and cruisers. When done they sell the boat on Ebay or at an event and the money goes to a person/child/family in need. I can ask the main guy a few questions as to how they are going about this if you like.
Jim

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15633

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
jim,please do,that would be a help,thank you,john
brian is a much better restorer than me,maybe he should do this ,he has the place and all the tools,and is a master at it,heck he already said he has the blank made for the transom,we would get more from a restoration of his.this is just a thought for brian to kick around.if he cant,then ill still do it,john

---Mark Twain

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15642

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
brian doesnt have the time to do it,so i still will do it,i was planing on trying to make this a show quality boat that a collector would want,so it would raise more money for the child and family,they could use the money any way they want as long as its for the child.
then this boat can be taken around and shown,showing what some people on a website can do,and also to bring the disease the child has to the forfront and keep people thinking about that child.
we could put a plaque on it explaining what this boat is all about,the child and what hearts can do when working together.
i wish i could have had the chance to work with brian,i think hes a fantastic restorer,maybe some day i can.thank you for the manta ray brian and doug.

---Mark Twain

X2011 - An Alternate Proposal 13 years 7 months ago #15644

Well John, I told Frank I didn't have the time to do the Manta Ray. And I don't. I need to spend some serious time on our house. I need to replace a couple windows, reside some areas with cedar (thanks to a woodpecker attack that left 16 1" holes in my two gable ends!), interior painting, etc. And there's a couple of reasons why. I retire in a couple of years and I need to get the place ready to sell if that's what we choose to do. And, my oldest daughter has fallen madly in love with a US Army Ranger. She flew to Germany yesterday for 2 weeks where he is in a Warrior Transition Unit. He has a blown left leg. 7 surgeries and more coming. He's a sniper having done a tour in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. Many missions under his belt and done things you and I can not believe for a 25 year old. What REALLY PMO is the treatment these boys are getting at the WTU. Give them drugs and let them sit appears to be how they are transitioned. There are young kids there who have half a dozen tours under their belts and they are mental basket cases. Average is a suicide a month. They deserve better than that. We're working hard to get him out of there and back to West Point. But I digress. Where I was headed is that it appears I may gain the son I never had sooner than I had anticipated, and I am thrilled. He is a terrific young man. And I need to have the house looking good for a potential wedding!

So, I can't commit to THE boat, but, I can commit to part of the boat. We have plenty of time to think this through. Maybe we can break this job down into discrete parts and get it done. For example, I could do the hull. Someone else could do the top. Some else could do the upholstery. Some else could get the deck hardware worked out (I have original, but if you want show quality it needs to be rechromed - maybe we could get a shop to donate that). Someone else steering and controls. Someone else the motor, harness and fuel tanks. Someone else the rub rail and caps. And on it goes. Then I'm thinking we hold a boatmasters long working weekend (say 3 days and half a dozen or more folks) early next summer to assemble the craft and do the finishing touches. I would be happy to serve as the project manager and lay out the tasks, work the materials list, etc. Or I can be a worker bee and someone else can project manage. Someone else can do the finances. Many hands WILL make this project a joy, build friendships, and get it done on time. Let me know what you think.

Re:X2011 - An Alternate Proposal 13 years 7 months ago #15654

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
brian,1st off congatulations on your new soon to be son,thats terrific news,and please thank him for me for his service.
as for the boat if you would put the transom in it that sure would help me out,then ill get the boat and paint it with the two halfs together after body work of course.
i can do alot of the upholstery but will need someone with a good sewing machine,to do the seats and the other sewn interior.
ron volunteered for the paper work and finances.
he is looking into someone doing the motor.
i agree many hands will make us even stronger friends,so if you can get the hull ready for paint,especially the new transom,ican take the boat from there,and bring it here,we need an upholsterer unless we buy seats either way we will need matching vinyl.
and a get together to finish it off will be good too.i would love to work side by side with my friends,john

---Mark Twain

Re:X2011 - An Alternate Proposal 13 years 7 months ago #15656

Putting the transom in is easy. I can work the hull exterior over the winter and have it ready to be sprayed come spring. It needs a LOT of work on the exterior. Need someone to do the top. Needs some new plywood around the coamings. As I recall I did the deck. Can't remember all that well as I haven't touched in maybe 3-4 years. We'll get it figured out.

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15672

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
ill do the top and paint the boat come spring,we just have to get it here,i started on the lido today until i get the manta.john

---Mark Twain

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15703

vuyosevich wrote:
any idea what it would cost to ship the 700 (170lbs)from west mi. to arkansas, and then back to sw pennsylvania. ron
just asking in case others feel the 700 is more appropriate.[/quote]

I have no idea how much it'd cost, or even how you'd go about it. Everything I've worked on has been relatively local.
Now, I can only handle the mechanical work part of this, I'm not nearly good enough on cosmetics to do it to the quality lvl this has to be. Is there someone else who can cover the repainting/rechroming?

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15704

700 is the right motor. The Manta Ray was rated for 100 hp. We need to project manage this so no one is doing the majority of work. My estimate, based on my restorations is we're looking at several hundred hours of work.

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15713

• kajun
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
another option to consider other than a sick kid who can't drive a boat or who has extremely high bills...would be an injured/amputee soldier in the wounded warrior program.... woundedwarriorproject.org/

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15715

kajun wrote:

another option to consider other than a sick kid who can't drive a boat or who has extremely high bills...would be an injured/amputee soldier in the wounded warrior program.... woundedwarriorproject.org/

I think that would be a great option as well. Maybe more as a donation of the actual boat rather than money so the soldier could enjoy it with his kids and spouse.

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15716

We spoke to my Katie and Vic in Baumgarten, Germany this morning. Vic is in a Warrior Transition Unit there. I wish it was called a Warrior Transition Facility, because then WTF would fully describe some of the BS that these poor guys have to go through.

One of Vic's friends in his unit is in the hospital in Ramstein. The inside of his right leg was blown off by an IED last week. He'll make it, but he'll never be the same.

We learned this morning that Vic gets his orders to report to West Point on the 16th of October. We hope the Army doesn't screw with him anymore. He's had 7 surgeries on his left leg and needs more. He arrives in time for fall colors, football, and hunting season which he loves. I am working on getting a deer rifle for him. I can't wait for him to get home. I need to build the boy a boat. He grew up in Carmel, CA right on the beach. Big surfer. I need to make him a boater. Should be an easy transition.

I think the Wounded Warrior Project idea is worthy of consideration. But like one child, how do you pick one of the 1000's of who are?

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15718

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
You guys are great. I have been kicking this thought around for a few days now.
Why not restore the boat and place the boat to a deserving ??? for 1/2 a season. Then you can have another ??? already picked out and they can have it for the remainder of the season. Then in winter the boat can be maintained and the next couple deserving sick, injured vets kids ??? can be picked out. That way the boat will be used alot since it could be passed around. Remember it costs alot of money to run a boat with launch ramp fees, fuel, oil and you need a tow rig ect. If it goes to a poor family with high bills they cant afford to take it out and it will rot away. Think about it. If you know that you are going to have a boat for only 10 weeks you are going to use it as often as you can. If you own it a season could pass and it remain untouched.

Anyways you are a bunch of nice thoughtful glass heads...

Just a thought.

Mike in So Cal

You could call it "Happy Day's"

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15720

I like the vet idea better too. Giving a boat (that needs maintainance) to an overwelmed family with a very sick child, likely means there will be a nice boat sitting needing another refurbishing.
Give any left over cash to the sick family.

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15723

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Shipping stuff is right up my alley, as they say! The motor would be to be crated up and strapped to a pallet, I can handle the freight arrangements no problem. (I get a smokin' discount at work since I do it every day!) Just need the address' and phone numbers, and let me know when it's ready to ship. I'd be glad to handle this, just let me know.

Mark

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15731

mark, thats great. i guess we will go with the 700 then. thats the consensus. i'll get the adresses for you. would catfink (wish i knew his name)do the crating or would you somehow arrange that?
so this is how i see it. the 700 will be crated and shipped by catfink in w mi. to lonewolf in arkansas. lonewolf will do the mechanical restoration then crate it and ship it to pennsy for the cosmetic resto. mark s. will handle the freight arrangements and shipping costs. do i have this right? ron

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15735

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Yes, I'll take care of all the shipping arrangements and handle all that. I don't have anyone to do the crate job though, CF or somebody would have to handle that.

Mark

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15737

We hope to be on the road to Kalamazoo, yes there really is a Kalamazoo, in about 10 days. The motor is in my storage unit in Kalamazoo MI, near Western U for any that know the area. It would be nice if there is a member in the area that could help crate. All my friends are a couple hours north, just an aunt in Kazoo. That's a big motor to crate and pallet alone...well, for me anyway...with no cherrypicker. Funny, noticed a sticker on my picker "2 healthy adults needed to operate"...I'm usin' it to lift things I lifted by hand when I was younger. A crate that can then be re-used for it's next trip from the clinic to the spa should be easy...the stand could act as the crates frame...I've built and opened many crates. Also the shipper would need to pick up at the storage as I will have no way to transport to a terminal. Unless there is a member in the area that could help with this. Kazoo is on the corner of 94 & 131 there are many shipping terminals there. We'll be there 2-3 weeks then sno-bird south to Brazil. It would be next spring before my path will bring me back to MI.

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15738

P.S. I'll have no tools in MI. If no one is in the area to help out I'll need to know before I leave and grab some tools. No room in the car for a cherry picker tho :angry: but there is a Harbour Freight just up the road ;)

Re:the thread for project x 2011/help a sick child 13 years 7 months ago #15761

OK, sounds good to me. Winter biz is slow in the shop, other than the occasional generator(if I'm lucky), so it shouldn't take long for my job .... assuming I don't run into any parts that nobody carries. I'm clueless on the crate/shipping procedure though, so someone will have to walk me through that. The manager/wife says we wont be able to swallow a whole lot of costs if it get's realy pricey though, is there any $ to tap into for parts? Labor is obviously not an issue of course. I'm just gonna put out all my info for those who need to contact me so we can get this in motion. Shannon #8704222935 416 Redbud Dr. Lead Hill, AR. 72644

Time to create page: 0.335 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'