Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1958 Restoring Penn Yan Sealiner

1958 Restoring Penn Yan Sealiner 3 years 7 months ago #143135

New member /first time posting. We have a 1958 Penn Yan Sealiner with a 1958 Evinrude 35HP that has been in the family as original owners. It has been protected in a "boathouse" (more like shed) for the past 40 years. My wife and I have decided to take on the project of restoring it to its original condition in memory of her father (original owner) who passed away earlier this year... There is a label "All wood plastic core Triotite hull construction" - hull of the boat very sound -no rot - very solid. To get the boat out of where it is stored i need to put in the water and have towed about 2 miles to a boat landing. my plan is to be on board with a bilge pump but wondering if anyone has any knowledge about this Triotite and if it helps a wooden boat being stored for 40 years to be water worthy. All the information on this website is great! Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1958 Restoring Penn Yan Sealiner 3 years 7 months ago #143136

from what I see ? it looks like it'll float ? Look along the keel to see anything that looks bad ? worst case, get a big silver tarp wrap it tie it from the bottom up . that will last a few miles with minimal leaks. I've seen boats brought from the bottom wrapped
in canvass or tarps that float after pumping.... as long as you're not going 40 mph? The other wood boat trick is find a leak and pack it from under with soft wax. it will hold for a while.

1958 Restoring Penn Yan Sealiner 3 years 7 months ago #143141

Great idea with the tarp. Thank you!

1958 Restoring Penn Yan Sealiner 2 years 9 months ago #144836

Love that 1958 Evinrude motor in the photograph... thats my next restoration project

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)