Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Call me crazy ? Suspect description ?1939 utility

Call me crazy ? Suspect description ?1939 utility 6 years 4 months ago #134984

research is key !!!
I know ? this is a fiberglass site,but I know some may consider a woody to add to the collection, but you must be careful of impulse buys of a pretty boat. Some may back me up ? OR I may be schooIed ? I have no problem saying I'm wrong ? I am far from expert, but there is a lot of things wrong, in my mind, with this description, and pictures that don't make sense to me ? period wise ? I was born in 1961 so I may be wrong ? To me.... the dash guage panel is wrong, the windshield and bracket is wrong, for a 1939 utility. and when is utility called a Runabout (see attached) The hull tag plate, should not be silver looking ? Also a deluxe would surely have a chrome bezel around the step pads ?
I own a 1939 deluxe runabout hull number 71475 model 925
my hull plate is brass/bronze with no color in Chris Craft script name, no color in the Chris Craft shield emblem,. The new Chris Craft script from the "Sales Center" is super suspect .For the price.I would think the owner would get a copy for a 70 or 80 dollar fee the hull card that is more proof that it is authentic. There are complete records of Chris Craft Hull Cards at the Mariner Museum in Newport News. Don't be fooled ! Please prove me wrong ? We are not here to be taken advantage of ! I've bought boat stuff for the right price, I've been burned because of impulse. This is a live and learn hobby. To teach and learn is a good thing ! I would like all opinions good or bad, Thanks !
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Call me crazy ? Suspect description ?1939 utility 6 years 4 months ago #134998

Chuck,
Sorry brother my knowledge on Chris Crafts is minimal but I would suspect you are correct on all counts.

Bob

Call me crazy ? Suspect description ?1939 utility 6 years 4 months ago #135000

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
Chuck...Vintage Chris Craft runabouts are like Corvettes. If they're not "right," their value is minimal compared to one that is. A boat like this reminds me of the old joke: "We know what kind of girl you are. Now we're just talking price." Weigh the cost against what a "correct" example would be worth, add in the cost of parts and labor it would take to make it "right," and then see where you end up.

Attachments:

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 9956 guests and no members online