• Page:

TOPIC: Help identiifying my trailer

Help identiifying my trailer 11 years 7 months ago #68902

• Normspeed
  • Normspeed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I bought a nice 59 Glasspar Delmar 16 footer. It sits on a strange trailer that I'd like to learn more about. The trailer title calls it a 1960 ALL. A faint imprint of a decal on one fender seems to say "Alloy" with an anchor logo. The trailer is definitely not made of alloy though. It has a single frame tube front to back, made of square tube. It's completely bolted together, as if it came from a "one fits all" kind of kit. Has coil spring independent suspension and 8" tires. Replacement tires are rather limited by clearance to the suspension arms. Most modern 8" replacements are too fat and will rub. Anyone seen one of these before, and have any info? I'm not all that happy with the design of this one, it has a lot of twist-flex in the frame, but it does fit the boat. Most lakes for me are 100 miles distant or more and this trailer kinda scares me... :dry: See photos.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Help identiifying my trailer 11 years 7 months ago #68903

"Alloy" was the name of a company that made boat trailers.

Have you checked in the Glassic Library here to see if there are any Alloy brochures?

I have a triple axel Alloy sitting under my 1963 Thompson 20.5 ft. Off-Shore Deluxe inboard/outboard woody boat.

Andreas

Re:Help identiifying my trailer 11 years 7 months ago #68904

• Normspeed
  • Normspeed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Andreas, thanks for the tip about the library. I'm still finding my way around this site. They did have a pic of the Alloy logo and that's for sure what I have (at least the fenders). The Alloy that you have, does the construction seem all bolt-together or is it a more substantial welded frame? This one has so much flex that in the past it bent the bow eye off to the side and did some gel coat damage in that area. I'll be on the lookout for a sturdier setup but for now it's OK for storage.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7270 guests and 2 members online