Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tee Nee trailer help

Tee Nee trailer help 11 years 8 months ago #67191

Just picked up this trailer and it's different than most - instead of a grooved main beam (with captive rollers) it has some polymer guide rails. Wondering if they are original and if I can get the material or if I should just install a roller up front.

If you have any idea of model and where I can buy the poly guide rail - please let me know.

Also Wally of Wally's trailers seems to have gone out of business - where can you get the rubber steps on the top of the fenders now or an reproduction tag?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Tee Nee trailer help 11 years 8 months ago #67207

elinst,i think you can get the fender pads on ebay,i think they are close,if not the same as antique ford???? brake /clutch pedals,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Tee Nee trailer help 11 years 8 months ago #67208

is this what you need?john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Tee Nee trailer help 11 years 8 months ago #67227

Thanks for the link to the fender pads - I will need those. Picked up new Monroe shocks today. Plan to take a bunch of pictures and disassemble for sand blasting next week. If I'm lucky with the weather I may get some paint/primer on it as well.

Any ideas on the main beam polymer?

Re:Tee Nee trailer help 11 years 8 months ago #67280

• bhamrick
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Eric : Check with Del VanEmerick He has the step pads for the trailers and also has some other reproduced items for Tee Nee's Those Brake pedal pads are the same but they need the bolt attached that will attach to the fender. You can rig them but Del's are done and ready to go. He also has some fender lights that I bought for my Tee Nee. Here are a couple pictures . Your trailer will look great when it's done especially with the new I.D. plate :) Del's E-mail is herters59@hotmail.com- Good Luck with the project
Attachments:

Re:Tee Nee trailer help 11 years 8 months ago #67304

bhamrick,

Look like a new axl installed on your trailer? What type of paint on your build?

Travis

www.liquidassetsonline.org , 63\'PowerCat14-C w/twin64\'650\'s,14\'Glen-L Zip w/Mark58E,58\'TeeNee,
Mark55AE,Mark55E,PairMark58E\\\'s,Mark58AE,Mark78AEL, 6-7RBM\'s.Keep EM\' Alive! Always looking to add to collection.

Re:Tee Nee trailer help 11 years 8 months ago #67308

• bhamrick
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I stripped the trailer down to pieces and had it sandblasted top and bottom. Primer was Rustolium metal primer and then sprayed with Rustolium "Sunburst Yellow" good thing about the Rustolium the same color comes in a rattle can for the small pieces. Color pieces are Rustolium rattle can paint.
Attachments:

Re:Tee Nee trailer help 11 years 8 months ago #67368

I wanted my Tee Nee Gray but I'm beginning to think it looks dull compared to yours.
Attachments:

Re:Tee Nee trailer help 11 years 8 months ago #67532

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I just restored a trailer like that-

www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/13-trailer-talk/54731-59-tee-nee-restoration.html

I took mine apart completely, removed all the paint, primed, and repainted. Anything that needed replacing (shocks, rollers, etc) was replaced, and now she's as good as new!

I replaced my step pads with the truck clutch pads. You don't need to modify them at all- they already have a threaded portion coming out the back, you just put them on, and put a nut on the back, inside the fender. They aren't exactly like the originals, but close enough.

I used Rustoleum paint, their yellow is very close. I know some people have mixed paint to be exact, but using off the shelf is a lot cheaper- Plus, they sell in in spray cans, too- which comes in really handy for touch up!

-Andrew

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)