Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New wheels!

New wheels! 12 years 1 month ago #57420

Well, finally got one wheel on. Needed to replace the bolts I had holding on the brake assemblies, had a real hard time getting the drum off. Ended up getting the outer bearing out, then was able to wiggle it off. Got my new grade 8 bolts in, everything tightened down, then (finally) got one new wheel on! Maybe do the other side tomorrow.

I've got the brake shoes adjusted in as far as they will go, but there is still some friction, enough that I can't figure out preload for the axle nut and cotter pin. I tightened it, then backed off one slot and installed the cotter pin.

Maybe now I should paint the hub where it comes through the wheel, and maybe the caps too?

Still got more to go, but getting there. This time as the trailer goes together, everything that can be (fender hardware, deck hardware is gonna be stainless. No more rusty steel on this trailer is I can help it!

Frank

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New wheels! 12 years 1 month ago #57425

fine lookin wheel frank...

Re:New wheels! 12 years 1 month ago #57442

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Looking good!!

Trailers can be a royal pain, but they are VERY important... Often overlooked in the whole 'scheme' of things when doing a restoration.

Re:New wheels! 12 years 1 month ago #57447

Thank you. Obviously, I agree. I have had a number of people ask me "Why did you put brakes on your trailer?" Duh.

Supposed to be in the mid-70's here next week, and I am a long ways away from having the boat ready to hit the water. Part of that is what we've been doing to puppy-proof the house, including a re-build of our raised deck. Sheeesh! Attached here is the lucky puppy, now 4 weeks old. He's a schnoodle, and we get him March 31. He won't get much over 10#s full grown.

Frank

Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)