Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Holsclaw D1475 rebuild

Re:Holsclaw D1475 rebuild 12 years 11 months ago #30832

I just heard back from the hitch manufacter and they said the hydro unit is shot , but are willing to send me a new one for shipping. so iam going for it. As some as i get it i will let yo see if it is what you need.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Holsclaw D1475 rebuild 12 years 11 months ago #30833

Frank ,shoot me your im address again. Computer ate all of my address yesterday.thanks Skip.

Re:Holsclaw D1475 rebuild 12 years 11 months ago #30838

I just sent you a private message from FG with my email Skip. Thanks!

Frank

Re:Holsclaw D1475 rebuild 12 years 10 months ago #31032

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Those 555002 shocks are going to work great Frank! The length is perfect, the spacer with the bolt kits is right width on top, may require an additional washer on the bottom. ;)

Mark

Re:Holsclaw D1475 rebuild 12 years 10 months ago #31035

That's great Mark. I thought they might work, but I sure am glad you let us all now. thanks!

Frank

Re:Holsclaw D1475 rebuild 12 years 10 months ago #31142

Hey frank hows it going on the tailer.I got a reply from the place with the surge brake. Says they are going to send me a new 6000lb one in a couple of weeks. So when it gets in i will send it to you as i have no use for it. Not bad for a bunch of old junk i had laying around.

Re:Holsclaw D1475 rebuild 12 years 10 months ago #31146

We doing okay Skip, thanks. Finally got that new 3' longer tongue done, ready for installation. I'm letting it sit outside for a few days to get good and dry before install. You can see why I needed more length in the pic here too. That is the tongue that originally came on this trailer, and it was originally equipped with brakes. Drums have been turned, hubs rebuilt, ready to roll.

I sure appreciate the help Skip, thanks again!

Frank

Attachments:

Re:Holsclaw D1475 rebuild 12 years 10 months ago #31147

• MarkS
Finally got my C-950 Holsclaw ready (mechanically) for the trip late last night Frank. I'd show some pics, but compared to yours it looks like rat crap. (Hands hurt and back is screaming at me this morning!) That longer tounge should make her pull alot nicer too, good job buddy. ;)

Mark

Re:Holsclaw D1475 rebuild 12 years 10 months ago #31151

Good for you Mark. Hey "rat crap" pics of a trailer are okay! Does the "C" designation means dual axle, or is that a year designation?

Trust me, I know about bad hands, shoulders and back. My back was so bad last night I had a real hard time getting to sleep. Right sciatic nerve kept pulsing from my hip down to my calf. Whippee. Yet another benefit of the golden years!

Frank

Re:Holsclaw D1475 rebuild 12 years 10 months ago #31167

• MarkS
Not sure about the model designation, but it's a single axle for up to 16' models. The date code on the shocks was 73, I think. I'll put some pics up when I get home tonite if you promise not to laugh. LOL (Going for function right now, will spruce up the cosmetics later.)

Mark

Re:Holsclaw D1475 rebuild 12 years 10 months ago #31173

I promise not to laugh Mark, honest.

I need to get to work to drill those rollers out soon. That will be it for the almond stuff, then I could paint all the stuff in almond (fenders and winch post) together.

Good luck with that trailer!

Frank

Re:Holsclaw D1475 rebuild 12 years 10 months ago #31316

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Playing with the data plate-

I'm going to look in to a way to put these on aluminum without getting into making silkscreens, etc.

But- I have to get home to do that- And it looks like I am 'stuck' on my ship for at least another week, possibly as long as a month!! Oh well. At least it pays well :)

-Andrew
Attachments:

Re:Holsclaw D1475 rebuild 12 years 10 months ago #31336

Gee Andrew, it's weird that the sticker shows different weight #s than the plate. I can make o0ut 1400# max load capacity for the 8" tire, but would need a magnifying glass for the load capacity for the 12" tires.

Plus I'm in no rush.

Thanks again.

Frank

Re:Holsclaw D1475 rebuild 12 years 10 months ago #31358

• MarkS
That must be a heavier duty trailer than mine Frank! (You got me curious, so I went out to get the numbers off mine.)
900# with 480-8 B 4
1100# with 570-8 B 4
1300# with 530-12 B 4

Mark

Re:Holsclaw D1475 rebuild 12 years 10 months ago #31359

Yep. I can get better #s tonight when I get home Mark. Busy day, and major meeting right at the time I usually head home, so won't be home till maybe 6.

Frank

Re:Holsclaw D1475 rebuild 12 years 10 months ago #31440

Mark, my VIN tag says 1820 for 8" tires, 1950 for 12" tires.

Frank

Re:Holsclaw D1475 rebuild 12 years 10 months ago #31907

Frank i just got back from up north last night. I called the company for the surge brake and they said sometime next week on the coupler, so hopefully i will get it to you. I told them to ship it right to you but they said no, because it was a warrenty replacement. Sorry about the hold up on my end . Skip.

Re:Holsclaw D1475 rebuild 12 years 10 months ago #31931

No problem Skip, I understand and am VERY appreciative. This will work for drum brakes right? Got the brake drums turned, they look great. Now all I need is some shoe assemblies, brake line, a brass tubing "t" and some rubber hoses. My buddy at NAPA will set me up with that stuff. NAPA can get shoe assemblies for electric brakes, but not for surge. They're easy to find on the web.

Take care, and thanks again.

Frank

Holsclaw D1475 rebuild 6 years 1 month ago #135511

Would love to see a photo or 2 of your completed Holsclaw. I see this post was from almost 7 years ago, so it must be done by now. I have the same model (D-1475), so just wondering what it might look like after I restore mine to original condition.

I fail to get emails when messages are left on this site.....thanks for your time
The following user(s) said Thank You: asign

Holsclaw D1475 rebuild 6 years 1 month ago #135512

BMoreau
Check your account and make sure your email is correctly listed.

When you post is the
Check this box to be notified of replies to this topic

Box checked.

I think every topic I reply to and have the box checkes sends me an email.

Check you spam folder/settings. Perhaps they are set too aggressively and you need to add Fiberclassics to your safe/known list.

Again, try to keep discussions in the open forum rather in private messages/email or phone calls.

Frank was active and logged in w in the last month, so he may get and reply to your post.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.465 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)