Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: KING FISH TRAILERS

KING FISH TRAILERS 8 years 6 months ago #115768

To ALL
(And to "the moderators"!!)

PLEASE add the following information to the "trailer section" of the FG "Library":

KING FISH TRAILERS
U. K. Company, Inc.
114 East Martin Street
San Antonio, TX 78205

As of now, I know little about the U. K. Company other than they built "artillery-style", slide-back & tilt, boat trailers, at least in 1959, here in San Antonio. = The trailer that I have has ONE centrally located coil spring UNDER the chassis & it has a capacity of 670 pounds. The model number is: 2640-J
There seems to be NOTHING located at that address in 2015.

TO "The Moderators": PLEASE REMOVE the so-called "time out feature" from the FG email system. = I have "some disability issues" with my hands, the system invariably "times out" & I therefore CANNOT send email to anyone.
(Given the average age of our membership, I'd bet that I'm far from the only one who has such "issues".)
Feel FREE to remove this post from the forum, after "fixing the problem" & posting the info to "the library".

Respectfully, tex/satx78247

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: KING FISH TRAILERS 8 years 6 months ago #115781

Thanks, I went ahead and created a page with the information you provided. As far as I can tell, the address was 119 East Martin St. I found it in two different sources I consulted (1958 and 1963).

www.fiberglassics.com/library/Kingfish

Re: KING FISH TRAILERS 8 years 6 months ago #115789

HandyAndy,

I don't see any model 2640-J (which is stamped onto a metal plate on the trailer tongue) on those lists??? - I wonder why not??

Also, a "google search" done about 1600 today showed NOTHING that related King Fish boat trailers to San Antonio AND "mapquest" shows NO such address as "114 East Martin St"??
(When I have time, I'm going to "take a page from" my old police training & go "canvass the neighborhood" to see if anyone remembers or KNOWS anything/anybody who was affiliated with U.K Company or KING FISH or KINGFISH.
(The data plate has KING FISH as 2 words.)

THANKS for your help.

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: KING FISH TRAILERS 8 years 6 months ago #115821

HandyAndy,

The following info was received from the TX Secretary of State's office 06OCT15: The U. K. Company, Inc. was incorporated on 02FEB1931 & was dissolved on 30DEC1976, with their main administrative office at 119 East Martin Street, San Antonio, 78205.
The manufacturing plant was at 114 East Martin St.
The Registered Agent was: Mr. O.C. UHL

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7296 guests and one member online