Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post bugs, suggestions and likes/dislikes about features of this site.
  • Page:

TOPIC: FG web site not working with Google Chrome

FG web site not working with Google Chrome 9 years 7 months ago #98502

Like the topic says, I can't get it to work with Chrome. Works with regular Google. Open to an older date with Chrome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:FG web site not working with Google Chrome 9 years 7 months ago #98522

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I sometimes have trouble getting logged in with Firefox, but clearing the cache usually fixes the issue. Today I had to use IE (Explorer) to get on, couldn't get the normal trick to work!?

Mark

Re:FG web site not working with Google Chrome 9 years 7 months ago #98531

I have been having similar problems with Chrome for a few months. I originally thought it was my computer, then I had indications Chrome was at fault, but now I think the site may have some kind of problem.
I switched from using Google Chrome to Google and it was somewhat better, but still got an outdated forum and difficulties loggin on. Finally couldn't get on at all. Switched to IE and things worked fairly well for a week or two and then problems started with IE.
I can now only get a forum with current posts and log on capability if I clear my browsing history and password on IE before entering the site every time I try to access it no matter what browser I use.
I finally ended up using Google Chrome for all my internet needs except for FG. I use IE to access FG and I clear the history and passwords before every attempt to accces the site.
It takes time, but it's the only way I have found to acces FG that works.
I have not had any other problems with any website that I log on to with any of my browsers.

Re:FG web site not working with Google Chrome 9 years 7 months ago #98538

I have been having problems logging on for a few weeks now. I hit the "Log in" button and get no response or it goes to a page saying that there is some problem with cookies and I need to reload the page ( it doesn't help). If I click on a subject and pick a page to go to and then hit Log In, it works. As soon as I back out of that page, I need to log in when I go to the next most of the time. It is getting frustrating. I am using Google Chrome.
Bill

Re:FG web site not working with Google Chrome 9 years 7 months ago #98613

As of Sat July 26 2014 I have had the main forum page frozen up.

I said welcome Guest hand ask for me to log in. when I go to any of the forums it shows that I am logged in.

The page has not changed from the date that it has frozen up, even though I can go the the forums and see the there are new subjects and what nots

CAVU

Re:FG web site not working with Google Chrome 9 years 7 months ago #98627

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
yep been having the same loggin/cookie issue as well.. it's clearly an intermittent issue as when I am on a post I am logged in, but when I am on the categories, I cannot start a new thread and it shows that I am not logged in, unlike now as I am posting this as it shows that I am logged in when in the posts themselves... so it's an issue of being able to post new topics for me.... I too use chrome.
Thanks
Shake.

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:FG web site not working with Google Chrome 9 years 7 months ago #98641

I do not have chrome on my system, and use firefox

CAVU

Re:FG web site not working with Google Chrome 9 years 7 months ago #98656

I use Firefox and IE, both are having erratic problems with the site. Currently, using the remember me function, my login takes me to login requests on 2-3 different areas with messages like session expired, incorrect username or password, but all the time it says welcome Normspeed as if I'm logged in. Eventually I land on a page that I've not seen before, but I can select forums from the top and after that it works fine. I have to hand it to Ken, tracking down this kind of glitch would be way beyond my meager knowledge of computers.

Re:FG web site not working with Google Chrome 9 years 7 months ago #98921

I have started using Firefox and it has not changed the problem much. It is still a challenge to get logged on, and sometimes it says I am logged on and sometimes not.
Bill

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)