Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Early Glastron Jetflite in PA

Early Glastron Jetflite in PA 5 years 2 months ago #138690

• Paul
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Early Glastron Jetflite in PA 5 years 1 month ago #139009

• Kern
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The listing has this boat as a 1963 JetFlite. It is definitely not that year or model. The bow line is totally unlike the 1963 JetFlites.

Early Glastron Jetflite in PA 5 years 3 weeks ago #139160

• Paul
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
It's definitely a jetflite. 63 was the last year of that generation. I think that was the only year that model was blue and white. The previous 2 years were red and white. 64 is when they changed.

www.classicglastron.com/63gl-140series-web.html

Early Glastron Jetflite in PA 5 years 3 weeks ago #139162

• Kern
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I stand corrected. I only looked at the first picture before my last posting. In looking at the other pictures, I can see that it is a JetFlite and the color would indicate that it is a 1963.

It would be good if someone could save it but it appears that there are many parts missing. Perhaps the owner has them squirreled away somewhere. If so, it might be a great project for someone.

Mine still has much work to do so I am not interested. However, I am more than willing to advise someone if they attempt to tackle the project.

Kern

Early Glastron Jetflite in PA 5 years 3 weeks ago #139164

• Paul
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
I would love to see someone save it. That was a really cool boat that year, as they offered the detachable rear cockpit cover. What year is yours?

Early Glastron Jetflite in PA 5 years 3 weeks ago #139166

• Kern
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Paul,

Mine is a 1963 JetFlite and I have owned it since new. In 2012 I listed it for sale on the Classic Glastron site and had no response, so decided to get it functional again and use it some more. I started with a limited budget.

Then my resources became better, I learned about the rarity of the boat (I only found four others), the fact that it was a one year only design, and my long ownership resulted in setting out on a cost no object rebuild/restoration/update of the boat. It is not a pure factory restoration as through my years of ownership I learned about the various functional shortcomings of the boat and have taken steps to correct them.

During the early stages of the rebuild, I realized that I had always wanted to live near water, so my wife and I ended up choosing a final home overlooking Table Rock Lake in SW Missouri.

I have a thread going under the Member Projects section of this site.

Kern

Early Glastron Jetflite in PA 5 years 3 weeks ago #139168

• Paul
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
I looked at that thread some time ago. You did a great job! That is one gorgeous Jetflite. I had a 62 (among other years) Always wanted a 63. I still have a 67 in need of a little resto, and hope to do it with my grandson when he's old enough. We vacationed at Table Rock Lake in 05. I didn't want to leave. Very nice lake.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)