Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Non Boat Related, Forum for topics not really having anything to do with boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Happy to be here for another year and more

Happy to be here for another year and more 5 years 3 months ago #138549

• stargazer
  • stargazer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi everyone! I have been busy the few years, being the adventurist sole that I am and type of person that is always up to a challenge, I thought I'd give a Quadruple Bypass a whirl, followed soon after(6 months) by a hip replacement involving a tiny battle with MRSA, one year and seven days back and forth from the Hospital and Rehab center/"skilled" nursing center, when discharged had such an attachment to my wound Vac I thought I'd wear it for another 2 months(not so tiny) over the course of the next 18 months I suffered the of the Wonderful antibiotic Vancomycin, dealing with Kidney and Liver failure(also not so tiny)...and even took the pleasure of firing one of my Doctors in a quite Colorful manner..I didnt want to hear..and I quote "the Odds of my survival"I kindly explained that I dont share Oxygen with Negative people (first time I ever saw this Hospitalist) while giving her the "Odds of her getting the *^%#! out of my room. I'm hear to say to all that..I'm back and I'm swingin for the fences!

I turned the "odds of Dying into the Opportunities of Living!" at the ripe age of 57, I'm starting over, wearing the same size jeans(33) that I wore in High School, I'm not listing to one side or the other, so each leg is the same length(did loose a half inch somewhere in all this now 6'2) Kidney and Liver functions are back on Line, I was told by my G I Doc who is about 90lbs overweight, that after all my adjustments and adaptations to lifestyle and diet, I am part of the 1%ers, I have truely been Blessed and feel Lucky every day that my eyes open on demand, or water because crap just flew in them.

The Love of life, Family(my Mom) and God got me thru what has been truly the toughest chapter of my life, I have lost practically everything(including 70lbs and holding!) My home, a good chunk of my sanity, and even friends that I guess weren't really"friends"after all! my Dad was right...you can count them on one hand, most likely with fingers to spare, Im here to tell everyone, where there is Will there is Hope, Doubt there is also Promise, and throughout the very worst of times, seemingly insurmountable odds, when all seems lost or fading......This is when we find our TRUE self.....not the version that we thought we where when looking in the mirror,(no matter who you are) but the Core sample of ones absolute self comes blasting out and lets itself be known not only to ones self but to the doubters, the odds givers, the clarity of life shines thru all the BS after being beat up..WE SWING BACK!

I want to wish everyone a very Happy and Safe New Year with the hope that any Reef ahead or Super Tide encountered on this journey we call life be navigated with clear thoughts, determination, and the will to Keep Fighting!
"Life's a box of Chocolates...EAT EM ALL! (just not all at once it may clog an Artery)

God Bless and Happy New Year EVERYONE.....we ALL matter!
Kurt, B

one pic from one of 3 Thoracentesis'
me in July this year
and High School Prom weekend with girlfriend of 4yrs on boat that will be posted here during rebuild in 2019

File Attachment:

File Name:
File Size: 0 KB

File Attachment:

File Name:

File Attachment:

File Name:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Happy to be here for another year and more 5 years 3 months ago #138550

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Thanks for sharing your courageous journey. Your will and fight is inspiring. Prayers and good wishes for getting back to all you love in life!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stargazer

Dr.Go!

Happy to be here for another year and more 5 years 3 months ago #138552

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Good to see you among the living Kurt. Welcome to the 1% club. Major heart attack 11 years ago at home, revived in an ambulance and then again at the hosp.
This is how you answer the nay Sayers who give you odds.

Attachments:

Happy to be here for another year and more 5 years 3 months ago #138556

• stargazer
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
LOL...Thats what I meant by 'Colorful'.... Awesome

Happy to be here for another year and more 5 years 3 months ago #138557

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Great write up of simple courage to beat all odds!. Positive thought (or like Alfred E. Newman,.."what, me worry"?) rules! Going through some crap myself with a infected wound (now healing) but (67 now) getting little blood flow to left foot. Seeing a (already had both legs ultrasound done and good) vascular surgeon Friday. Its wait and see, and I'm not worried it (except hard to walk on left foot) but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. And remember YOU are still the boss of you. Wish the best as sounds you REALLY need some "good times" again!
Attachments:

Happy to be here for another year and more 5 years 3 months ago #138572

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
Kurt:

I read your post and I'm not buying into it. You could have laid in bed and sanded some parts, rebuilt a couple carburetors, etc. and with the availability of laptop computers, there's no excuse for not posting here. Therefore, I'm calling "bullshit" on your post and I can assure you that everyone here on Fiberglassics considers you to be a slacker.

Hang in there, Kurt. You've still got shit to do!

Attachments:

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Happy to be here for another year and more 5 years 3 months ago #138573

Very encouraging write-up Kurt.
I will be sharing it with a close friend going through the same illness that requires fluid withdrawals every week to ten days.
doc

Attachments:

Happy to be here for another year and more 5 years 3 months ago #138576

• stargazer
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks Guys, I did try to work on stuff Jan, but every so often a part or piece would fall into this little scratch on my leg and the Nurse was getting pissed off at me so I gave that up, and the Damn laptop kept bouncing off my lap because of the swelling.

Seriously....its not just this site that didn't hear from me for a long time....I shut out the entire world, really bad depression, and I mean REALLY BAD,and I believe even tougher without a good Lady to keep me grounded about the only thing that was salvaged in my life was the boat and that was a miserable story in itself..."Oh I thought you died"....Ill leave that one alone because Ill begin to get pissed all over again, but the end result is...there is a reason why I respect that scene in cool hand Luke..."ya gotta kill me to keep me down", and another positive about the thing about "finding myself" is the fact that I definitely now know with utter certainty that I will never KILL ANYONE, or myself for that matter, because I sure as shit would have done it BY NOW. Now waiting to bump into that special lady that can relate to a guy that has lost it all and still has a lot to give, //www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpzLQ8Fg1CE but....right time right place. You must be a mind reader when it comes to the cartoon Jan!

(didn't want to insert this one,if anyone is a bit queasy, look at your own risk)
Attachments:

Happy to be here for another year and more 5 years 3 months ago #138579

Well Kurt I'm glad you've pulled through it all and are keeping a positive attitude!! But now that you're back up and running.......GET BACK TO WORK! LOL Don't worry that one special lady is out there, she'll find you.

Bob

Happy to be here for another year and more 5 years 3 months ago #138597

• stargazer
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks Bob, comin out with a vengeance, fired up a small business(not for long<<) and healthy enough to whoop a young mans ass.....problem being with that, even though several of them now a days deserve it, they've got such thin skin, ya look at them wrong, they cry and they wonder where their participation trophy is, but Ive got a couple good guys going to work for me, they can bleed and not even know it until you tell em...now that's what I call PARTICIPATING! all kidding aside its gonna be a good life ahead of me...and Ive got some race frogs in the barn kickin at the door..Ill just walk funny and bear it, until as you say,'She finds me' it has always worked that way in the past, one last time is all I want... "a keeper"
everyone sees the Glow..No BS..Ive had people that couldnt handle me(imagine that)walk up and compliment me, that in and of itself is actually quite a humbling experience..it may sound like crap to some, but ya gotta love yourself, before anything or anyone else!! the chronic pain and exhaustion robbed me of all of the above, but its back.

I think Your gonna like the boat and what I have in store for it this year..gonna be gettin fancy shmancy! Radar arches and all that shit!

Happy to be here for another year and more 5 years 3 months ago #138599

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Attitude is 99% of healing, well maybe 98%:) Looking forward to some pictures of your project. Would really like to see some pics from the very start. All advice you receive from us as onlookers is worth the price you pay for it :laugh:

Happy to be here for another year and more 5 years 3 months ago #138600

• stargazer
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Hey Robby, I hope things went A-OK @ the Docs visit....keep it movin and groovin buddy, nothins over till we say it is, two years ago I was invited to a friends BBQ and quite literally needed to lean on someone to simply walk up two(2) steps on their back porch, and that was with a cane in the other hand...been there done that, as I speak Im up to 10-15 miles a day, every one is different, when the shit is hitting the fan, I just tried to do(when able) just a little bit more than the day before...one thing about my situation was and remains numb toes, the only thing we can figure is that there was some minor collateral nerve damage when the Doc actually found my heart..removed it, and put it back right side up! that didnt damage anything but left me with a weird sensation...worse things could be numb!! at least I got that goin for me!! where there is a down..there is an UP (as long as no one is standing on your face!)
You ever want to talk, you can find out how to get in touch with Me!

Happy to be here for another year and more 5 years 3 months ago #138601

• stargazer
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
220-221..whatever it takes!

Happy to be here for another year and more 5 years 3 months ago #138602

• stargazer
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

LMAO

regarding the boat, Ive been checking out how to make a fiberglass molds and other steps needed to make a glass radar arch, I can see it all in my head...just gotta bang it against the wall enough so it flows out my ear and into motion, but you guys will see that in the Disco Forum soon

Happy to be here for another year and more 5 years 3 months ago #138603

Can't wait to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7169 guests and 3 members online