• Page:

TOPIC: Trim gauge

Trim gauge 10 years 5 months ago #92828

• CAT*FIN*k
  • CAT*FIN*k's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I've been going thru my parts to see what I can use on the Whaler. Can a trim gauge be wired to a 1986 Merc 115? If so, where would the wires connect?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Trim gauge 10 years 5 months ago #92832

Hi,
Yes, if the optional trim indicator gauge sender is present on your 1986 Merc 115 (or you will need to purchase one). The brown with white stripe wire is the dedicated wire (one of the sender lead wires will be this color, and a matching one will be present either at the cannon plug wire harness connector, or in the ribbon harness which has the power trim solenoid lead wires). At the helm, the wire is part of the tachometer harness leads, for connection to the power trim indicator gauge's sender terminal.

A Happy Easter To All,
Joe
www.fergusonpoolemarine.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Profile Picture:
E. Carl Kiekhaefer (Mercury Founder) & Joe Poole Sr. @ 1964 Mercury Dealer Meeting

Re:Trim gauge 10 years 5 months ago #92892

• CAT*FIN*k
  • CAT*FIN*k's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanx for your reply Joe. I checked the Tach harness kit and found the wires at that end. The instructions say V-6 only for the trim gauge tho. I cannot find a brown with white stripe wire on the engine. I found only the red, blue and black wires between the trim motor and the relay's. Do you have the part number for the trim indicator gauge sender? All I've been able to come up with are for 3 cylinder 115hp or for Mercruisers.

Re:Trim gauge 10 years 4 months ago #93961

You won't find the wires unless you have a sender fitted, which is unlikely.

The sender is attached to the engine 'saddle' where the tilt ram attaches. One end of the pivot pin that the ram is secured with has a slot in it for the sender, there are two small threaded holes in the saddle to bolt the sender on. The pivot pin is locked to the tilt ram & rotates in the saddle. In my case the pin had been fitted backwards by someone so the slot was one side & the mounting holes the other!

Simple to fit but a head scratcher to route the wires without trapping them as the motor tilts up & down!

Joe will sort you out! :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online