Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1964 Merc 650 value?

1964 Merc 650 value? 10 years 5 months ago #92430

Moving on to other priorities in life... selling my boat.

The boat is an old 1960 Wagemaker 18' Empire Clipper that's been modified for fishing with a 1960 Gator trailer. Hate to sell it - but the reality is it sits in the driveway all year long and past few years only took it out 2-3 times in the summer. That and the wife is getting tired of looking at it. You know how it goes.

But the boat and trailer are essentially worthless outside of the Fiberglassic community - so the value is in the engine.

It's a 1964 Merc 650 - 4 cyl. Had the power head and lower unit rebuilt by Tim C. in NY a few years back - rebuilt the carbs myself. Electric or pull start. Runs great. Less than 25 hours on the rebuilt motor. Also comes with the controls.

What's the value of the engine? It's a long shaft with a composite prop - nothing exotic. Gonna sell the boat, trailer and engine as a complete package (otherwise I'll be stuck with a boat and trailer that no one will want).

Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1964 Merc 650 value? 10 years 5 months ago #92435

My personal opinion is the motor may be worth in the range of $400 to $750 and I think 750 might be generis. Just to give you an idea I bought my 1967 merc 65hp in MINT condition for $450 dollars a few years ago, and a 1965 merc 50hp for $150 in about the same cosmetic condition as yours and it runs. I hope that helps but remember that it just my opinion and I live in Wisconsin and I have no idea what the NY market is like. Good luck on selling your boat.

Re:1964 Merc 650 value? 10 years 5 months ago #92457

I just parted the same motor out. It had a leaking LU(cracked) and I got more for many of the parts than I could get for the motor as a whole. I still have the power head and mid section for sale.

The cowling is going to be used on a diff size motor.

Old motors are only worth what someone is willing to give for them.

I had a 100% restored 1975 15 Hp Johnson for sale. I priced it first for $700 and left it at a boat shop own by some friends. I went back a few days later and it had a tag of $1250 on it. They said it was so that people felt better if they talked the price down.

Friday when I got back in town I stopped by to pick up some parts I had ordered..They gave me $1175.00 Cash. Someone walked in and just had to have it. They Credit card it and and the owners kept a CC fee and lunch for the whole shop.

Not bad for a motor I bought at the N TX auction for $15

CAVU
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle