• Page:

TOPIC: Mark 55 oregon

Mark 55 oregon 10 years 9 months ago #87816

• Seymour
  • Seymour's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I' know this is not the sighting but its where the mercury lovers are. To far for me to get it maybe someone else is interested. It's down near Corvallis in Oregon.

corvallis.craigslist.org/boa/4248917797.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Mark 55 oregon 10 years 9 months ago #87982

Cool, but $500 is too rich for one as rough as that. It is going to need everything by the look of it, so I suspect that $175 to $250 would be a more reasonable offer. I paid $600 for a 55 but it is a very clean original that was stored and not run since 1955. It is a sawhorse queen at the moment but it is going to need a total teardown and rebuild before it ever fires a sparkplug as it has been sitting so long. Can't wait to get at it.

Re:Mark 55 oregon 10 years 9 months ago #87985

• Seymour
  • Seymour's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
A friend of mine suggested the same thing about that motor. I don't think the guy knows much about it and is kinda going for a stab in the dark at an easy payday. Good luck on your rebuild I love doing those little 4's

Re:Mark 55 oregon 10 years 9 months ago #87986

I just bought one running with a new pump. points condenser spark plugs and wires. Starter was rebuilt (Cleaned new bearings and brushes)

painted (the wrong color green)

came with a spare power head and LU

$400

CAVU

Re:Mark 55 oregon 10 years 9 months ago #87994

Yes, but your is a LOT cleaner, TT. $400 was a good price you paid for that little jewel. I love the four banger Mercs, and have rebuilt quite a few of them. They are the perfect balance of smoothness, economy and excellent power for the weight. Not to mention they look terrific! I have 12 in my collection from 1955 to 1971 mostly mid 60's white ones and early turtle tops. Pity they don't build them like that today, they would sell millions of them.

Re:Mark 55 oregon 10 years 9 months ago #88007

Dont know if this pic wikk come up. i just made a merc 400Q.if not could someone email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. i will send you the pics so you can post them. Thanks.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online