Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Gas leak upon Tilt

Gas leak upon Tilt 10 years 10 months ago #86394

I was fiddling about with the Merc yesterday and dropped a screw into the pan (wish I had a dollar for every time THAT happened). I order to find it I tilted the beast all the way up and gas leaked from the throat of the bottom carb in a thin but steady stream.

Normal? I hope not. What would be the cause?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Gas leak upon Tilt 10 years 10 months ago #86398

Peter, it is completely normal. There is a vent hole in the fuel bowl that opens out to the carb throat just by the plastic venturi mounting slots. Fuel will run out of there when you tilt the engine.

Remember, my opinion in no way diminishes your opinion, nor yours mine. Collectively, there is a middle ground that is \\\"correct\\\" for the reader balancing all the input.

Re:Gas leak upon Tilt 10 years 10 months ago #86405

Thanks Dave!

Re:Gas leak upon Tilt 10 years 10 months ago #86407

Whenever you pull boat out of the water it is a good idea to run the carburetors dry.

Re:Gas leak upon Tilt 10 years 10 months ago #86437

I always do - occurs to me with this writting that I was trying to start it a few weeks ago after having installed/set up new points and she wouldn't go. I had intended to try again the next day and that neaver happened. So tonight will open the bowls and empty them out as it may be a few more weeks before I am able to toy around with her again and I hate the idea of that alcohol sitting in the carbs.....

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.455 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online