Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: More Sierra Good news

More Sierra Good news 11 years 1 week ago #84361

• tim_c
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Over the last week or so I've rebuilt the carbs on a 65 Merc 1000 & a 69 650 using Sierra part # 18-7006 gasket kits. Noticed while doing the 1000 that the flange gasket that comes in the kit sticks out into the carb throat. They used to give you 2 gasket that were very similar in those kits. The only difference being the size of the center hole. I scrounged through my box of extra carb gaskets I found 3 correct gaskets. The 650 has been giving me a headache all summer , just wouldn't run right. So I pulled the carbs off that again & the gaskets had the smaller center hole. Replaced those & now it runs fine. Guess Seierra saves 3 cents on the gasket kits by not including the correct gasket for these motors . Wonder if they'll do anything for the unhappy customer I've had all summer.
Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:More Sierra Good news 11 years 1 week ago #84362

Welcome to the wonderful world of outsourcing to China. Quality? What is this quality you speak of? They play fast and loose with the rules over there let me tell you, better get used to it or start hoarding NOS parts.

Re:More Sierra Good news 11 years 1 week ago #84399

• g3bill
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I would hope everyone having problems with parts would make companies like Sierra aware of there poor product quality so when I get ready to get a part its right. ;) If people dont complane noting will be corrected, thats if they care?

3 cd g3's
1 seafair sedan

Re:More Sierra Good news 11 years 1 week ago #84402

I have also had problems with Sierra parts. Some gaskets that don't fit right and seals that were really poorly made. I have sent them emails stating the problems and such and all I get back is an email saying they are having supply or vender problems. Last email from them said that I should not expect OEM quality parts for old and obsolete motors, and they suggested that I buy a new motor to solve the problems. Kinda ticked me off. My wife wrote them and told them that we should not have to end up paying 30 or 40 dollars trying to get 10 dollar seal from them. She told them that she would tell anyone she talks to that there products were junk and not to buy them. She's a hair dresser so when they talk the info gets spread around pretty fast. I just try to stay away from there stuff now adays. It is hard to sometimes, but I will stand in the parts store and check the stuff before I buy it now. Skip.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.369 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online