Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can I borrow your BTDC tool?

Can I borrow your BTDC tool? 11 years 2 weeks ago #83958

Back in the day Merc made a tool for setting Before Top Dead Center. You thread the tool into the spark plug hole until the cylinder juuust rocks over it. Then you push in and rotate the center piece of the tool which will be exactly at BDTC. Same thing for the throttle pick up.

I am looking for the .222 and the .015 tools. Any one have them to sell or loan?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Can I borrow your BTDC tool? 11 years 2 weeks ago #84027

• g3bill
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Someone once posted how to make a tool out of an old spark plug, drilling or breaking out the inside and threading a bolt but dont know how to find that info. Think once you have TDC you use the timing disc to set the degrees?

On my chain saw I used a long dowel in the plug hole to top of piston, when the piston was near top made a mark on the wood stick 1/4" away from threads then marked the flywheel on both sides when the mark was even with plug gasket surface, on center between both marks was true TDC, I hope, well it worked :) I have copies of the timing deg disc set if needed...

3 cd g3's
1 seafair sedan

Re:Can I borrow your BTDC tool? 11 years 2 weeks ago #84048

Never did like those, awkward to use. I like a dial indicator tool best, and it can be used on several types of engines.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online