• Page:

TOPIC: Tower of power for sale

Tower of power for sale 11 years 4 weeks ago #83343

• 63 Sabre
  • 63 Sabre's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
I have a nephew in Oshkosh, WI who has his inline six for sale. Runs like a champ, as a matter of fact it ran so good it tore the transom off his boat. He's junking the boat and has the Merc up for sale. Everything, motor, cables, controls the entire package for $500. Make an offer if you're interested. Contact me with a PM or answer on this posting.
Thanks,
Cal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Tower of power for sale 11 years 3 weeks ago #83393

Hi Cal,
Just out of curiosity, what year and horse power is it?
Bill

Re:Tower of power for sale 11 years 3 weeks ago #83417

• DLB68
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
lol REporting this to the Moderator for being to far away from me ... drool... would trade a 20 ton log splitter for it :)

Keeping History Alive , is all we can hope for.We take only the memories when we leave,The wake of waves lives on.

Re:Tower of power for sale 11 years 3 weeks ago #83433

63 Sabre wrote:

I have a nephew in Oshkosh, WI who has his inline six for sale. Runs like a champ, as a matter of fact it ran so good it tore the transom off his boat. He's junking the boat and has the Merc up for sale. Everything, motor, cables, controls the entire package for $500. Make an offer if you're interested. Contact me with a PM or answer on this posting.
Thanks,
Cal

What year??? I'm in Illinois...

1972 Sidewinder 18\\\\\\\'SS in resto. New transom, stringers, deck, knee braces... 1976 Merc 1150... Rebuilding my original with help from the all elite Dr FrankenMerc!!!

Re:Tower of power for sale 11 years 3 weeks ago #83470

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I sent a few mails to him and left a msg this morning. Probably get something maybe tonight. He does work for a living so I'll cut him some slack:)

Re:Tower of power for sale 11 years 3 weeks ago #83471

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Short or long shaft ??

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Tower of power for sale 11 years 3 weeks ago #83734

Hey Cal (63 Sabre),
Thanks for the heads up on the tower and the extra effort on the connection. Your nephew seems like a great guy and a very involved dad, and we still made this happen without a catch from 150 miles apart and only 7 hours round trip. The fun part was taking a "few extras" from the boat with the saws all. He told me anything I wanted I could have because the rest is going to the boneyard.
By what I saw, they were lucky to make it back to port when the transom let loose. The plywood was like 50 year old corrugated cardboard that had been wet, and was still damp after 2 years. He was happy to see it was going to a good home.
To make it look right on my boat ('59 Thompson) I am going to paint it white, and being that my boat is rated for a 90 hp, the 115 will look just like the 85 hp that is on it now.
Thanks again,
Bill
( P.S. Neil, I now understand the addiction. This is only my second one and I already see a problem. " Hi, my name is Bill and I am a Mercaholic".)

Re:Tower of power for sale 11 years 3 weeks ago #83744

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Bill, good for you (both of you). I don't know if he told you but his wife is not a boater and to have that happen out on big Winnie drove the final nail in that coffin. Enjoy and post a few pictures, you know how us old fellas need visual stimulation.
Cal

Re:Tower of power for sale 11 years 1 week ago #84124

Hi Guys,
Just thought I would let you know I finally got the motor rigged and running. I don't have any pictures yet, but it ran great. The best $500 I have ever spent. It definitely has a lot more zip than my 850. Top end was about 37 with the 850, and I got 43 with the 1150 with 3 in the boat and I didn't push it since I don't have a tach hooked up yet.
Thanks again Cal,
Bill

Re:Tower of power for sale 11 years 1 week ago #84131

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Glad I could make the connection. Nothing better than someone who wants to sell and another who wants to buy.
Be safe.
Cal

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online