Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1972 mercury 1400 won't start

1972 mercury 1400 won't start 11 years 1 month ago #82809

Yesterday I mounted the 1400 on the back of the Seafair Sedan primed the fuel line bulb and gas started pouring out of the middle carburetor because the float was stuck. I started the motor and it ran.

Today I got the float unstuck. I tried to restart the motor and she just won't fire. So I sprayed some mixed fuel into the carburetors and she started, but died right away.

I did pull off one of the fuel lines to check the fuel pump, and fuel did pulse out of the disconnected lines, but I only check the upper fuel pump.

Does anyone have any idea how to get this thing running again so I can finally take the glasspar for its maiden voyage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1972 mercury 1400 won't start 11 years 1 month ago #82861

Well I worked on the motor again today. This time I pulled out the idle mix needles and sprayed carburetor cleaner in there. Check a few other things and gave up. I put it all back together and try to fire it up one more time and she popped right off and is running great on the muffs. So if anyone was wondering what was wrong, there was some thing clogging the carburetors.

Hopefully tonight or early tomorrow I will be taking the glasspar for her maiden voyage.

Re:1972 mercury 1400 won't start 11 years 1 month ago #82978

Did you get her out?

Re:1972 mercury 1400 won't start 11 years 1 month ago #82986

Yes I did take the boat for a ride. You can read more details on my "glasspar seafair sedan" thread on the main forum page. I also had problems with one of the carburetor floats.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online