Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Merc 700 DR.

Merc 700 DR. 11 years 1 month ago #81861

I have been trying to get my 700 Dockbuster back together finally. It has been going ok except for one small problem I have been having and I hope someone out there will be able to help me out. On the drive shaft housing assembly I am looking for 2 of the rubber caps that go onto the upper mounts. This is part # 25305. I need 2 of these that are soft and plyable. I have already ordered 4 of them and every one has been hard as a rock and just break when I try to install them. Does any one here happen to have a couple of good new or used ones they want to get rid of. I was told by one person that many people don't bother to put these back on when they rebuild these, any thoughts on this? Thanks, Skip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Merc 700 DR. 11 years 1 month ago #81865

Skip - of all the old Mercs that I've torn down, the caps are burned from hot exhaust gas. I'm not convinced that those caps did much to keep water off the bolts anyway. You might consider sloping a thick coat of Permatex NON HARDENING sealer all over the bolt surfaces to protect them. Someday - if ever need be, the glop can be scraped off the bolts for removal. The old shop manuals often called for non hardening permatex to be put on threads to protect them from rusting.

Re:Merc 700 DR. 11 years 1 month ago #81872

was more for exhaust than water.i agree use your ideas.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online