Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: the beast it is home

the beast it is home 11 years 4 months ago #78407

well just picked up my merc 115 from joe poole and it ran smoooooooth . a cold start but once it warmed up first hit of the switch . looks real good sounds better the main point he stressed was never run it without the proper water intake . i am not proud i wont need to show it off until it is ready to go. properly hydrated. but she is a nice outboard. thanks to joe i have a good connection of all of the running gear i need for this project.

i have video but do not know how to upload it

billy
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:the beast it is home 11 years 4 months ago #78410

Looks good. Joe has been real helpful with lots of good advice about refreshing my old 650 Merc.

To upload videos, just get a free photobucket account. Use their uploader to put the videos, photos, etc in your photobucket albums, then you can link to those in your posts. Photobucket (and other services) automatically resize the video files so they play with less hesitation.

Re:the beast it is home 11 years 3 months ago #78488

thanks i will jump on here and sign up now. get them on soon

billy

Re:the beast it is home 11 years 3 months ago #78508

A really cool resolution to the evil cranky cold start issue for the inline-6 Mercs that only have two chokes with three carburetors is to eliminate all the choke components and convert to an enrichner system that was introduced on the later inline-6 Mercs & v6 Mercs and used on virtually all carbureted Mercs up into the early '90s until Merc went to EFI, etc.
A very cheap & easy fix.
I can write a post if requested on what steps need to be taken to convert a choke system to an enrichner system.
It truely is an unbelievable difference in cold starting a Stack-6.
Thom (doc frankenmerc) Keepin' 'em alive since 1965
Since right now is a very busy boating repair season,...If I fail to respond on this forum within 24 hours - please write direct to me:
frankenmerc at comcast dot net
-or-
call: Three 6 zero two 8 zero 8 two 1 seven

Re:the beast it is home 11 years 3 months ago #78611

thanks doc but i believe joe installed one on this outboard. i might have had a miscommunication on the cold start. I should have said primed cause joe runs the engine dry of fuel. to keep the carbs cleaned of gunk. but i appreciate the info next time i see him i will ask he told me if i had a problem starting it to pump the little button on the fuel thingie and try it again. ... i will ask and get back on the instructions if needed. what does it look like. a little relay pump kinda on the top of the motor with fuel lines running off of it.????

billy

Re:the beast it is home 11 years 3 months ago #78613

• ed-mc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 115
Billy, sounds like the primer setup is installed, if you post a picture it'll confirm......ed

Re:the beast it is home 11 years 3 months ago #78644

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
See if this pic works, save Doc some time here. (It came from him) Click to enlarge
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online