Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Power Trim/Tilt for a 1966 950 SS?

Power Trim/Tilt for a 1966 950 SS? 11 years 5 months ago #76683

• Smitty
  • Smitty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Does any one out there know if it is possible to add a power trim/tilt set up onto a 66 950SS? I am sick and tired of lifting this heavy of a motor every time I use my boat, and would also like to have the benefit of trimming the motor while underway

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Power Trim/Tilt for a 1966 950 SS? 11 years 5 months ago #76685

• ed-mc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 115
Hi, Smitty, the old dual-ram/inboard pump setup can be bolted right up to your Good Ol' Tower of Power.

You'll have to come up with a tilt limiting strap for the center section, if you contact my buddy Thom (aka Dr_Frankenmerc on this forum) he can fill you in on how he makes the straps.

You'd need the pump, 4 hoses, possibly the entrance plate for the hoses (depending on how your boat is set up), 2 rams with their brackets, and the misc hardware to bolt 'em up to the motor.

You'll also want the pushbutton switch assy and wiring harness, unless you have a newer control box with the PT&T switch built-in.

Your best bet is to find someone on your local Craigslist either parting out a PT&T-equipped motor, or a complete dead motor. Sometimes one pops up on eBay but they're usually quite expensive.

HTH.........ed

Re:Power Trim/Tilt for a 1966 950 SS? 11 years 5 months ago #76689

These are pictures of what you are looking for, this power trim unit came of a 1972 140hp merc, and its installed on my 1967 65hp. I believe you could get a unit off a motor as new as into the early 80's that would still work for you, and I don't think it has to be a tower of power it comes off of. I think the units are the same all the way down to the 65hp range. Hope that helps.

The power trim rams bolt on where your shocks are currently mounted.

Re:Power Trim/Tilt for a 1966 950 SS? 11 years 5 months ago #76695

When yer lookin around fer a PT&T rig, try and get the valve body on the bottom of the pump set up for 4 hoses. A lot of pumps came with just two, and the four are getting scarce. They're interchangeable.

Frank

Re:Power Trim/Tilt for a 1966 950 SS? 11 years 5 months ago #76707

I just mounted a CMC T&T. It's self contained, just hooked it to the battery and ran the switch up to the dash.
Attachments:

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:Power Trim/Tilt for a 1966 950 SS? 11 years 5 months ago #76715

I have 1 that came off of a 115 that I probably won't get to using. They're heavy and shipping won't be cheap. You can contact me at joeclary@gmail.

Re:Power Trim/Tilt for a 1966 950 SS? 11 years 4 months ago #77447

I`ve got a `66 Jetflite and have acquired an early 80`s 60hp 3 cyl Merc for it; I want to convert to power trim; the boat has the inboard power trim pump, wiring harness and switch as were pictured in an earlier post which all work. So, do I only need hoses and the rams? Does anyone out there have these parts? Thanks.

Re:Power Trim/Tilt for a 1966 950 SS? 11 years 4 months ago #77451

I'm sure somebody on the board here could help with used rams, but you might be able to get new ones from merc. Hoses you can usually get at NAPA, but lots of places on the web have them.

Frank

Re:Power Trim/Tilt for a 1966 950 SS? 11 years 4 months ago #77565

This could be what you are looking for.

Greg Anderson
Wisconsin

madison.craigslist.org/boa/3791890487.html

Re:Power Trim/Tilt for a 1966 950 SS? 11 years 4 months ago #77576

not it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online