Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What did I miss?

What did I miss? 11 years 11 months ago #71410

Spotted this at the weekly estate auction near by.

I dont need a big Merc, there were no controls, and you can see it took a real shot on the lower (you cant see by the pics but the prop had a big ol' chunk out of it). I opened the wrap and the wires all looked good. Sticker inside said it was a '78 115 with Power Trim

So I put a silly low bid ($25) in case it didn't sell and left. I would have resold it, pirated the ignition system, or parted it out. But didn't win it....

Did I miss anything?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:What did I miss? 11 years 10 months ago #71517

The lower unit damage is from trailering with the engine down. Nice flat wear spot. You had the right idea parting it out. Probably a running motor but not power ported. Later that engine would become a 90 hp. Should be ADI but might be distributor, either way lots of parts. Very good motor but no longer appreciated.

Remember, my opinion in no way diminishes your opinion, nor yours mine. Collectively, there is a middle ground that is \\\"correct\\\" for the reader balancing all the input.

Re:What did I miss? 11 years 10 months ago #71520

Rode hard and put away wet

Re:What did I miss? 11 years 10 months ago #71559

I pulled the wrap off to take a look - it did have a distributor set up. After the initial disappointment of not winning it I was relieved - last thing I need right now is a big old merc haunting my shop.....

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7554 guests and 2 members online