Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fish On!!!

Fish On!!! 12 years 1 month ago #66645

Mounted up the Merc.....

Don't panic! That piece of plywood will be replaced with a nice piece of Mahogany. Note also that the lower bolts will be replaced with longer ones and mounting the nuts with self locking nuts

The PTT is much longer in length than the original swivel mount,and so extends over that lower transom board that is proud of the rest of the transom, so had to make a spacer board. I decided to use stainless spacers to set the 3/4 spacer board back the remaining 1/8 inch so as to get the spacer board off the transom.

The Cavitation plate isn't as close to aligning to the bottom of the boat as I had hoped. Iit appears to be about a 1/2 inch above, but thinking it should be fine (?). Interestingly, the top to mounting bolts lined up perfectly with some previous drill outs, that had been plugged with dowels. I was able to just bang one dowel out, the other I had to drill.

To get the bolt holes in just the exact right location and to ensure the motor would be centered and hooked over the top of the transom (as in sitting on it) I made a pattern off the PTT. Worked just right.

Currently re-wiring the boat to include the PTT switches and an NOS vintage tach.... For the PTT up/down I am using individual push buttons for a unique look.

Hoping to get a shakedown run in soon....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Fish On!!! 12 years 1 month ago #66647

Looking good there. It really is nice when the motor gets hung, makes you feel like its going somewhere. Is your skeg alittle short there? Keep up the good work. Skip.

Re:Fish On!!! 12 years 1 month ago #66650

yeah the previous owner broke the skeg hitting something - you cant see it in this pic but the prop shaft bullet had to be welded. But it all seems to work just fine....

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7008 guests and one member online