Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Shockingly....It Runs!!

Shockingly....It Runs!! 12 years 2 months ago #65686

As some of you may know I took my '63 apart to repaint it, retro fit a modern PTT, as well and other things like rebuilding the water pump, fuel pumps, etc. I took apart the distro pancake, took apart the points, reset, resync'd, etc. Wheeled it outside. No one could be more suprised than I, it runs! (actually fairly well).

Next is mounting her back to the boat.

(note the groovy motor stand. PTT controls on one side, motor controls on the other)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Shockingly....It Runs!! 12 years 2 months ago #65687

It runs? Now how the heck did that happen? :dry:

Congrat's, Now get it on the boat and enjoy it.

1963 Starcraft 14' Ranger

Re:Shockingly....It Runs!! 12 years 2 months ago #65688

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
i also see that you have it chained down so it will not get away. lmho. now mount a set of water skis to it and you will have a fast ride. how many hp is your merc? it sure is a good feeling when they run after so much work goes into them. i had the same feeling when mark s. and dave b. helped me with mine, but mine was a 4 banger, you have a nice motor. frog

Re:Shockingly....It Runs!! 12 years 2 months ago #65700

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Glad to see you got her going Peter, (like there was ever any doubt!). Nothing sounds quite like the stack six inlines, beautiful music my friend.

Mark

Re:Shockingly....It Runs!! 12 years 2 months ago #65708

Thanks all!

I've never been very good at getting the timing right, so I was very pleased when she ran decent.

She's a 100 hp, and that chain is what I use to drag it around from my basement shop, through the grass to the street where I can run her. When it first fired up, I considered staking it down with that chain! (the yellow wheel chock did the trick though, as she's sitting on a slight decline so the water would run to the street)

Note there are two sets of wheels in the back. The larger wheels are juuuust of the ground so that when I am rolling it around the shop or garage, the smaller swivel wheels are taking the load, making it very easy to move. When I am pulling it through the grass (with help from someone pushing) the larger wheels take over and keep her from simply sinking into the lawn. Brilliant!!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.583 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7025 guests and one member online