Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Brass 2 blade for 1963 Merc 650

Brass 2 blade for 1963 Merc 650 12 years 3 months ago #63482

Restoring a "Super Cat" 16ft with twin Merc 650's. The engines came with brass props....different sizes.
1st ?. Does anybody know where I can get these style props ?
2nd ?. Im no expert in this area. By background is flat bottom circle race boats ( K boat). I have no idea what would work the best. Im sure there are alot better propellors out there then brass. Im trying to stay period correct.
Any help on both questions will be greatly appreciated...Thanks, Billy-B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Brass 2 blade for 1963 Merc 650 12 years 3 months ago #63488

how about some part # on the props, and a pic or two of the boat.

Re: Brass 2 blade for 1963 Merc 650 12 years 3 months ago #63490

I have two (2) 3-blade brass props, 21" pitch and one 2-blade brass 21" pitch. All three ran great on my Merc 650 on the G-3 shown in my profile pic. I have one of the three bladed props now on My Merc 1000 and plan to test the 2-blade 21" on it also.

Jim Savage

Re:Brass 2 blade for 1963 Merc 650 12 years 3 months ago #63564

Ponyboy......I will get some pics of my deal so you can ck it out. Boat sat in Parker Az & Blythe Ca its whole life. I bought it some 8yrs ago off the original owner. I took the whole boat apart, which didn't take to long. The interior was destroyed. Trailer has been completely redone except paint. Its now what we call a dolly trailer. It will be able to go into an enclosed trailer for long trips. I made the trailer into a tandem & to look period correct. Engines were taken to Premier Sports in Needles Ca. Ken & Mike are excellent Mercury mechanics. Engines were checked out entirely. Compression in all cylinders, in both engines, were not under 128. Excellent cond. I hope I have no electrical issues. They tested great. I have one engine almost completely restored on the outside. This engine looks better then new. When bk together I will post pics of it. Im doing major hull mods in the interior. So I will get pics of before & progress pics hopefully soon. Sorry for the long winded post. Just excitied I found this site. If interested in checking the type of paint work I do....google " Krazy Kolors by Billy B".. Can't wait to finally get this Kat done & water bound.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6283 guests and no members online