Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Power lift centering problems

Power lift centering problems 12 years 5 months ago #60613

I have centering and attachment problems with my vintage jack plate, and figured I would run some of this by you folks, see if you had any ideas.

I have the lift mounted to the trim brackets, and up as high as it can go to support the motor under the clamps. It is centered on the trim brackets. I can also drill holes through the bottom slot of the trim brackets so the plate is held on with two fasteners per trim bracket. But for some reason I can only drill through the port clamp. The starboard one is too far inboard. Both clamps also equally slightly interfere with the swivel when I pull the clamps in. I thought maybe putting one or two 7/8 washers inboard of the clamps on the steering tube would push the clamps out more for better fitment, plus gain clearance on the swivel. That might solve my problem with drilling a hole through the starboard clamp for mounting, but maybe not too. Of course, I don't have any 7/8 washers handy, but could pick some up tomorrow.

I'd be very appreciative of any ideas or suggestions. Thanks!

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Power lift centering problems 12 years 5 months ago #60645

I am an idiot. Finally found a pic (1st one here - jackplate2) of one of these units today I could understand. Was on a web site where this dude sold it for 400 bucks. Gee, maybe I'd be better off peddling this baby...

Anyways, still have a centering problem, but figure with a bit of work I can deal with it. I'm still having problems with the clamps barely hitting the swivel, but I guess that's what angle grinders are for. I think I'm going to leave this as is, do some work on fitting holes in the clamps. Need to drill power lift plate both sides for lower clamp holes, then clean out the upper mounting hole on the starboard side clamp so I can get a bolt in there like you can see I already have on the port side.

Gee, maybe this will work out after all...

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6226 guests and no members online