Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1959 Mercury MK58A 45 Add a starter /controller ?

1959 Mercury MK58A 45 Add a starter /controller ? 12 years 5 months ago #60432

1959 Mercury MK58A 45
What does it take to make this pull start motor, ser # 1241829 an electric start? And does anyone have all of the parts needed? Thanks, Dave

** This engine comes with a "Quicksilver" dual handle control box.

It works but is it "technically" correct for this 59 motor with a 59 Playmaster boat? Or should I look for a Mk 58 only controller?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Florida's Amphicar restoration destination

Re:1959 Mercury MK58A 45 Add a starter /controller ? 12 years 5 months ago #60442

Yes the controll is correct for the motor, better in crinkle finish black would be better.
to convert you need a starter flywheel wiring harness internal, and external,choke and starter solonoid and choke plunger and J bracket for the external harness.all bolt on except you will have to drill a hole for the wiring harness in the cowl.
switches can be mounted in the dash.

Re:1959 Mercury MK58A 45 Add a starter /controller ? 12 years 5 months ago #60443

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
along with the chrome wraps you were looking for I have the lower pan internal motor harness flywheel and possibly starter to do what you want to do if you buy the motor.

Re:1959 Mercury MK58A 45 Add a starter /controller ? 12 years 5 months ago #60444

Owner has deposit, I am trying to get it delivered. Email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with dollar amount needed for conversion. Owner did call me and say that he could feel the compression on each cylinder as he pulled on rope. But hard to do on the stand he said. Thanks again, Dave

Florida's Amphicar restoration destination
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6204 guests and no members online