Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Inline solid mounts

Inline solid mounts 12 years 6 months ago #57797

I have had some people suggest I run solid mounts in this 1350 I'm getting. There are upper ones and lower ones. What do these solid mounts replace and where on an inline are they?

Thanks for any help!

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Inline solid mounts 12 years 6 months ago #57803

Re:Inline solid mounts 12 years 6 months ago #57804

Thanks MP, but I know where to get them. My question is where do they go on the motor, and are there diagrams on the web to show me where they go? (Not where to find them online - already did that!) Thanks.

Frank

Re:Inline solid mounts 12 years 6 months ago #57808

Attachments:

Re:Inline solid mounts 12 years 6 months ago #57812

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I will show where on Saturday Frank

Re:Inline solid mounts 12 years 6 months ago #57822

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
The upper ones are on top of the leg or a few inches under the block.I was looking at them as well but never did it.There is a vibration that will occur vs the rubber mounts.I did not want any premature" stress cracks" popping up on the transom due to the vibration. I believe with the way the Cats track,straight, that there is no plus to buying them for what we use them for.If you had a squirlley hull and were planning on 65+ mph then I would install them. If your mind is made up,plan on tearing the motor down to get at them and spending more money.You will not gain any speed with them on your hull.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Inline solid mounts 12 years 6 months ago #57826

John, this guy Bruster (the fellow that makes them) was telling me if I was going to hit 60, I absolutely needed them, so I was looking for information. I have no idea if I'll hit 60, and don't really care. I built my transom real strong, plus put 3 layers of glass along the inner hull/deck seam bow to stern. Let's just say it was structurally overdone. When I get the 1350 on, as long as I can spin it up to 5 grand once in a while, I'll be a happy guy. I want torque for pulling tubers more than top speed.

Frank

Re:Inline solid mounts 12 years 6 months ago #57829

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Pretty much anyone selling something will tell you that you need "them".I do find it curious that you plan on running WOT sparingly and yet would still need them for a short burst.You may have that vibration feedback through the wheel/hull all the time,no thanks.I am not going to debate this,so let me know how they work out for you.JT

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Inline solid mounts 12 years 6 months ago #57831

I have solid mounts in my 1500. I dont know who experiences vibration in their motor? I cannot tell the difference in vibration from the old rubber to the new solid.

If your props are crap then your gonna have vibration no matter what.

I got mine from Bruster. I put mine on a 1250 at first when I was running 55. After good set up my boat ran 65 mph with the 1250. The dual cable steer and solid mounds are a must at this speed.

I put them in my 1500 and now am over 75 mph. I would not think of going this fast without them.

Vibration is not a probem in my boat.

Before the solid mounts and dual cable I had a boat that was tough to handle at 55 mph.

Granted dual cable fixed 80 percent of my prolem but that last 20 percent of NO SLOP comes from the mounts.

Conrad

Re:Inline solid mounts 12 years 6 months ago #57840

That's fascinating Conrad, thanks. I think my boat is built pretty solid, and I don't have any noticeable vibration from my old 18P cupped Vengenace prop. That prop is what made my Power Cat perform. You probably have an idea how that makes you feel too...

Boat will go back on the trailer next day or two. Then I'll see where I need to mount my Power Lift so the cavitiation plate is a couple inches below the hull. Got a busy family weekend ahead, so don't know how much I'll get done. Grandson is coming, all the kids, we're off for a bigger family thing downstate, so this is a crazy weekend. Plus Jim is dropping off my new 1350 project Saturday. Too many watercraft projects around this place!

Frank

Re:Inline solid mounts 12 years 6 months ago #57844

I run solid mounts on both of my G3s, It cured alot of hi spd issues I had in reggie, but didnt help much with ugly Peg, The bow of Reggie would do a figure 8 and the stern would just go side to side,"chine walk" solids made it a real fun ride, Peg on the other hand needs more help......like a strait hull!
And yes I have some viberation, I only knoticed it @ and just above Idle, now I dont even notice it at all. The mounts I pulled from the 85hp where all eatin up from fuel and where very sloppy. The 1250 mounts where dry but brittle and again very loose.
So even if you dont go solid you might want to replace with some new ones any way. dont forget to ck the swivel for slop too.

Re:Inline solid mounts 12 years 6 months ago #57852

Ponyboy makes an excellent point. The swivel bushings (if it has some) are usually wore.

MY 1250 had lots of swivel wear. It did not have bushings so I swapped in a better mid assembly

My 1500 was wore but had plastic bushings that are still available online.

My boat as well you could watch the noze circle back and forth at WOT at the motor moved ever so slightly back and forth.

Those motors have to be close to rock solid to run fast and behave comfortably.

And yes the powerhead and mid need to be dissasembled to get them in there.

Conrad

Re:Inline solid mounts 12 years 6 months ago #57855

The 1350 comes my way Saturday, and is gonna be a project. I'll keep you guys posted for sure. I sure do appreciate the info here, thanks!

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5729 guests and no members online