Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Best Two STroke Oil for Mark 35A

Best Two STroke Oil for Mark 35A 12 years 7 months ago #55852

I have restored a Mark 35A and hope to launch her this summer. I was wondering what specific two stroke oil would be best. I am thinking of going with a 32:1 mix ratio but would welcome other ideas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Best Two STroke Oil for Mark 35A 12 years 7 months ago #55862

Lets see if we can get this topic moving, In my opinion any of the 2 stroke oils are good for break in. 32 to one is a good choice for mix ratio. Do not use synthetics for break in, they actually hinder break in. Once your motor is broken in and you are happy with everything pick an oil that suits how you are using the engine. Ie, hard running at wot, trolling, cruising, everyday, once a month.

Remember, my opinion in no way diminishes your opinion, nor yours mine. Collectively, there is a middle ground that is \\\"correct\\\" for the reader balancing all the input.

Re:Best Two STroke Oil for Mark 35A 12 years 7 months ago #55868

Thanks for getting back to me. If it matters the power head was fine so there will be no 'break in' to speak of.

If the particular brand of two stroke oil is not critical would it be heretical to use Johnson/Evinrude 'XD 50' since I always have that on hand for an ETEC that I run for day to day trips. It is a 'synthetic' oil.

Re:Best Two STroke Oil for Mark 35A 12 years 7 months ago #55870

Certainly the xd 50 will keep the old girl from wearing out.

Remember, my opinion in no way diminishes your opinion, nor yours mine. Collectively, there is a middle ground that is \\\"correct\\\" for the reader balancing all the input.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5722 guests and no members online