Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Linkage adjustments for Mk78AE

Linkage adjustments for Mk78AE 12 years 8 months ago #55408

I finally pulled the shroud and top cowl to check out the condition. The throttle lever does not travel anywhere close to the available distance. I started where I thought middle should be; moving lever from rev forward, where the reverse lock on the tilt pin unhooks ( I figured this should be close to center of travel?.) Moving lever rearward it rotates the distributer throughout bet does not open the throttle plate. So, I figured reverse acceleration is accomplished not by opening the throttle plate, but by advancing the timing? Moving the lever forward from middle, more than a inch of travel before the throttle plate starts to open. Then with the last inch of travel the plate only opens a slight bit. Is there a adjustment I'm just not seeing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Linkage adjustments for Mk78AE 12 years 8 months ago #55453

The arm will travel quite a ways in FWD before the butterflies come all the way open. The butterflies come on quite late and they come on quick when they do.

In REV it is mostly speeding up just on timing alone.

Your throttle pick up could be out of adjustmet, or your controls may have something wrong where they limit travel.

BUT FIRST Try adjusting the brass mounting piece of your cable that mounts to the cowl in the direction that gains you more FWD throw. Many times its just that brass connector thats not adjusted correctly not allowing enough throw to be used for FWD.
Conrad

Re: Linkage adjustments for Mk78AE 12 years 8 months ago #55461

I value any help I get THX. I have the cable disconnected and am moving the lever by hand. I just took a second look and saw that the lever travel is only 1 1/4 inch. And the forward motion is being restricted by the reverse lock linkage is at its' limit. that would give me more forward travel. By the throttle stops do you mean the 2 cylinder things on the u shaped bracket on the top of distributor that opens the butterfly? ( is that adjustable?) The rear one is just starting to contact when lever is fully forward. BTW at W.O.T. should the butterfly be perpendicular to the airflow? THX again Daniel

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.417 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5887 guests and no members online