Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Power lift and PT&T? And some wiring questions...

Re:Power lift and PT&T? And some wiring questions... 12 years 8 months ago #55342

Yeah, we'll see how it goes Mark. Got my two PT&T solenoids for less than 25 bucks, and my four 3/4-10 SS nyloks, 10 roll pins, miscellaneous SS stuff, 10 bucks. Plus came home with a truckload of unfinished scrap hardwood flooring (can we say "kindling"?). I'd say it was a productive morning...

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Power lift piston assembly re-assembled 12 years 8 months ago #55501

This is as far I got with anything to see today. Been cleaning SS bolts, nuts, washers, chasing threads, getting ready to get the whole thing together. Got stopped at the 3/4 holes. I don't have a thread restorer or tap that size, so will get a tap maybe this week and keep going.

Frank

Attachments:

Some wiring questions for Daveswaves 12 years 7 months ago #55781

Daveswaves wrote:

Frank, your limit switch will cut the power to the up solenoid when it reaches limit. The switch will be normally closed (on) and when it is activated by the mechanism it will open (off). Are you using 30 amp relays? Fuses are a must in the +12V line. If you like I can re draw your diagram for you in a schematic rather than physical wire routing.

In my opinion your diagram may be wrong.

Dave, I sent you a PM. I sure would love to have a wiring schematic. I'm going to finish putting this baby together today, and make my mount for the solenoids and ground post. Some of the stuff I've shown in my amateur diagram I know is right (ground and power jumpers, battery leads) which I will go ahead and do. I think maybe once everything is laid out in front of me I can figure it out. I think...

Thanks!

Frank

Power lift back together 12 years 7 months ago #55789

Still not done, can't figure out if the limiter switch works. Tried one wire to neg, one to pos, no luck, tried reverse, no luck. Anybody know anything about these babies? If this one doesn't work, any ideas on where to get something like this?

This is just draft form, still need to torque bolts, put in roll pins. Need to figure out this limiter switch first, as it can only be mounted when the unit is apart.

Thanks!

Frank

Attachments:

Re:Power lift back together 12 years 7 months ago #55790

the limit switch should break the positive wire only.

Re:Power lift and PT&T? And some wiring questions... 12 years 7 months ago #55792

Frank , you lift is starting to look good there. Like Dave stated the switch is used just to shut off the power., So just run you positive wire to it before it goes to the motor. Some people break the ground but I was told yrs back that is not the way to do it. Don't really know why. You should be able to try it out with out mounting the whole thing together. Keep us posted on what happens, Skip. Sorry . Frank, I meant to say run it into the power line before power goes to the soleniods. Not the big power cable going to the motor.

Re:Power lift back together 12 years 7 months ago #55793

dave bernard wrote:

the limit switch should break the positive wire only.

So what's that mean Dave? Black wire is ground, white wire to small post that has blue wire on "up" solenoid? Vice versa? Or am I completely off base here?

Gonna have some lunch, take a walk (new project is my health!), then move the old merc into the garage, get it on my engine hoist, and see what needs to be done to attach a '63 Merc1000 to this unit.

Frank

Re:Power lift and PT&T? And some wiring questions... 12 years 7 months ago #55794

skipthescrounger wrote:

Frank , you lift is starting to look good there. Like Dave stated the switch is used just to shut off the power., So just run you positive wire to it before it goes to the motor. Some people break the ground but I was told yrs back that is not the way to do it. Don't really know why. You should be able to try it out with out mounting the whole thing together. Keep us posted on what happens, Skip. Sorry . Frank, I meant to say run it into the power line before power goes to the soleniods. Not the big power cable going to the motor.

Did you see my post to Dave Skip? I need to figure this out if I can. Thanks!

Frank

Mounting power lift to motor? 12 years 7 months ago #55869

It looks like I mount my old jack plate with one of the existing 1/2 threaded holes in the jack plate for the outboard's lower clamp bolt hole slots, but do it using a 3/8 carriage bolt. Then with the PT&T brackets firmly mounted to the motor, use the two slots in the bracket to mount on the jack plates outer line of holes, again using 3/8 carriage bolts.

The holes don't line up exactly in these two pics just because the clamps on this swivel make it impossible to exactly align it, but the dimensions are right for the motor clamps to bolt to the inner row of holes and the PT&T clamps to bolt to the outer. Is that gonna be adequate to hold my old '63 Merc1000 onto that jack plate, and work under way ya think?

Thanks!

Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5752 guests and no members online