• Page:

TOPIC: Latest Prop Bronze 2-Blade Quicksilver

Latest Prop Bronze 2-Blade Quicksilver 12 years 8 months ago #54059

• dpanky
  • dpanky's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
This is a Hi Performance Mercury Quicksilver prop from the early 1970's. They were meant to be a surface prop and came in even pitches of 20 to 30, in 13 or 14 inch diameter. This is a 22" pitch, 13" diameter. Took four hours to clean off the grime, sand out the factory scratches, clean up the leading edges, and polish.

If it does not work on the Glastron V-153 with 115 HP Merc, it may be too pretty to sell, and retired for display in the house.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Latest Prop Bronze 2-Blade Quicksilver 12 years 8 months ago #54063

Sweet, that came out awesome!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Re:Latest Prop Bronze 2-Blade Quicksilver 12 years 8 months ago #54080

If it don't work for you, I'd like to try it on my 1969 Merc 1000 on my 1960 Glasspar G-3!!!
Attachments:

Jim Savage

Re:Latest Prop Bronze 2-Blade Quicksilver 12 years 8 months ago #54086

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Beautiful job as always, David! Interesting blade design on that one. Prop testing with the Futura should be a blast, especially with the "new" Merc. (Spring is getting closer every day!) :P

Mark

Re:Latest Prop Bronze 2-Blade Quicksilver 12 years 8 months ago #54092

Another nice find David. Did you happen to see a couple of props on ebay that are still available? The 49612A4 looked like it would be a good prop for both our boats but I thought if I bid on it then I probably would be bidding against David! Is that the same prop? The CV16 is through breakin and ready for some prop testing!

Re:Latest Prop Bronze 2-Blade Quicksilver 12 years 8 months ago #54106

• dpanky
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Building up a prop collection to try on Glastron V-153 next spring. Switching from a 1974 115 HP Merc to a 1988 115 HP Merc (140 HP under old rating system) and trying to find the best prop. Current speed is 53.5 MPH with 21" 2-blade bronze. Hope to gain a few MPH with newer Merc. Have 8 props to test, 2 bronze and 6 stainless steel. Props that are not fast will be sold.

Savage: looks like you have a Laser II on now - a 22" pitch? That may be better all around prop than the 2-blade bronze.

Steve: Yes, that is probably the same prop. It was on sale at the e-bay store for 50% of the former price, and I got a deal on the freight also.

Here, then, are some of the props in order: 21" 2-blade bronze, 22" Mercury Chopper, 22" Ballistic, and 22" Laser II.
Attachments:

Re:Latest Prop Bronze 2-Blade Quicksilver 12 years 8 months ago #54117

SWEET!

Oh and watch your trim tab! the long ear 2 blade will hit.

Re:Latest Prop Bronze 2-Blade Quicksilver 12 years 8 months ago #54190

That is not a Laser II. it is a Tempest 19" pitch and don't hold my rpms down. I need more pitch and something that is surface running as I have CMC trim n tilt and the motor is set up high. I have a 2-blade cupped bronze 21" pitch and a 3-blade bronze cupped, 21" Pitch also to try. This prop is listed im my Merc 1000 owners manuel but I haven't tried it yet.
Attachments:

Jim Savage

Re:Latest Prop Bronze 2-Blade Quicksilver 12 years 8 months ago #54191

• dpanky
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Savage II, looks like my assortment of props may be the same ones you would like to try. With your jackplate, you want surface props like the Chopper, Laser II, HiPerformance 2-Blade bronze, and maybe the Ballistics. In fact, the literature on the HiPerformance 2-blade bronze says that a 15" midsection can be used instead of a 20" midsection to get the prop out of the water. My 21" 2-blade bronze is my fastest prop at 53.5 MPH at 5,500 RPM. But with your jackplate, I do not think your 3 blade or 2 blade bronze props will hold. My 2-blade bronze can break loose and the motor is only 1/2" off the transom.

I intend to raise the 1988 115 HP Merc so that the cavitation plate is about 1" to 1 - 1/2" above the bottom of the boat. At such a position, I will need a prop that holds better. Will know alot more after hours of testing next spring, and I will probably post the results here.

If the Tempest is generally a good prop, try a 21" Tempest, or a 20" or 22" Laser II.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.502 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5990 guests and no members online