• Page:

TOPIC: morning fall boat ride

morning fall boat ride 12 years 11 months ago #47146

• g3jim
  • g3jim's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I outfitted this little 15 footer with a 90 Merc for a buddy o mine. Vid clips are a bit long but I wanted to put the boat and motor through their paces. A few small cosmetic details and she is done thankfully.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:morning fall boat ride 12 years 11 months ago #47181

I went for a nice Fall boat ride this weekend too!
Nice, relaxing cruise on what could very well be the last nice day in the PNW.
Thom
Attachments:

Re:morning fall boat ride 12 years 11 months ago #47184

• ed-mc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 115
That was me holding on for dear life on that nice "relaxing" Fall ride! Have to say the Good Dr. FrankenMerc's G3 is the fastest boat I've ever ridden in!

Back to reality, that's a sweet-running 90hp, sounds like she's propped just perfect with that stainless 18P.

What's the WOT rpm and boat speed with that combination? Just a wee bit slower than the Dr.'s G3 I expect. But it Most Definitely will not use as much fuel!!!!

Cheers........ed

Re:morning fall boat ride 12 years 11 months ago #47194

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Hey Ed! I did similar with Thom at Mason Lake recent, my first time actually ever in G3. And the first time knowing Thom years, we actually went for a boat ride! Usual is hanging in the "operating room" caring for "wounded old Stacks" Ya gotta (ED knows the "table")..rest here, who have never had the pleasure of BSing with the Doc..doing "surgery", well, put in on the "Bucket list!"

Back to the Doc, "relaxing ride?" Were ya in his lake? He has been bugging me to a "Shoot Out", there, with the Flatty. But damn life has been getting in the way of me, showing there. My boats are put to sleep, winter now. But NEXT year, this time, hopefully, Flatty to Thoms, do a now broke in tune up..(he built the motor of course), then the "Shoot Out at Mason"! And on Mason, Thom, it was a fast blast out, another boat next us..(not for long!)..then coming back, trimmed out right, about 3000 rpm, the "Wild Puppy", turned into a damn smooth "relaxing ride", a "Mild Puppy". But that sound coming out that louvered wrap, was saying.."feed me a bone". Lotta fun! Thanks the ride Thom, see ya soon. But, next year...look out Thom. One gonna see the "tail lights"...in front the other! HA! Always fun, hanging with the "Doc". Pic attached, like the Doc's ride, mine not an XS either, simple "Frankenmerc" stacks inside!...but XS decals are STILL the best. I had a real XS Switzer, long ago. Wish I never sold it! Sorry if hijacking the thread...talking boats, gets me "excited!"..Robby
Attachments:

Re:morning fall boat ride 12 years 11 months ago #47231

• g3jim
  • g3jim's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Flatty looks like fun!!
Ed I will get it on the water this weekend again. No tach in the boat today was just to be sure I did everything right. I will hook up on of my tachs I have lying around and bring my gps with me. It is a snappy little ride though.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Fenders - Tee Nee trailer
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
09-30-2024

1958 Skagit Sportster
( / Boats)

1958 Skagit Sportster
09-25-2024

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
( / Boats)

Winner Marauder - the classic 1970 runabout!
09-16-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5521 guests and no members online