Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1400: New float, still spitting gas?

1400: New float, still spitting gas? 12 years 10 months ago #41776

I've been running my 1400 on muffs from time to time as I work on the boat. I had a really old, crummy gas tank full of crap that I think caused some problems so I replaced the tank with a new one and installed all new fuel line.

The middle carb started puking gas...a new float and a new needle/seat fixed that. Then the TOP carb started pouring gas out of the little hole on the side of the float bowl cover. I opened it up and the old style foam float was literally falling apart. I shot the bowl full of carb cleaner, replaced the float today with a brand new one and inspected the existing needle...it looked fine. I shot carb cleaner into the cover/seat for grins and put it all back together with the new float.

Started it up and now gas is pouring out of the carb "throat" itself. The motor runs "OK" but obviously stumbles on only 2/3 of the carbs. WHAT AM I MISSING? :angry: I appreciate your advice.

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 1400: New float, still spitting gas? 12 years 10 months ago #41783

take all the carbs off and diassemble them complete and do a good cleaning job not half of one.

Re: 1400: New float, still spitting gas? 12 years 10 months ago #41853

I think I found my own answer. I need to adjust the float level and maybe the spring height on the float itself, which I noticed was higher than the float in the carb. The float level I can do...the spring height, no idea...open to suggestions.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Inboard Gear box
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
07-03-2024

Inboard Manifolds
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)