• Page:

TOPIC: RATS ...

RATS ... 12 years 10 months ago #41342

• bobo
  • bobo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
A guy gave me a 1964 Mercury 500 the other day that sat in his barn for 20 years .The recoil was broke so I turned the prop and it was free and had Compression .I put it on my trailer and drove home about a 100 miles most at freeway speeds .When I got home I pulled the Wrap off of it while it was still on the trailer .It was full of Junk like a mouse had been in there .I saw a weird looking tip of a wire in there and gave it a little pull and it moved and tugged back .Then it poked its head out .. Dang RAT ...I jumped back and almost fell off my trailer ...L.O.L..I get me a long screw driver and start digging the junk out when my neighbor came over to check it out .Ild poke the dang rat and it would sneak back down to the bottm side of the motor . Ild roll the motor over and poke him and he would go back down and around .Things body was like 5 inchs long and 5 of tail .My neighbor got a good laught out of me battleing the Rat .Finnally it got tired of getting poked and comes flying straight out of there running over my shoe and between my legs hell bent for leather and Jumped off my trailer just as I was falling Backwards off of my trailer trying to get clear of him ...L.O.L..My neighbor had a Hell of a laught out of that ..I told him Ive never seen a Rat fight him over his Johny Rude ..So to get him to give up the Mercury it took a hour and 1/2 of 70 pluss MPH winds and 5 minutes of being poked by a semi sharp object .. I never knew Rats Loved Mercurys so much .Yes a true story ...
Larry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:RATS ... 12 years 10 months ago #41343

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
So Larry, am I reading that you found a 1964 Mercury "Rat" motor.
Man that has got to be a one of a kind!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :laugh:
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:RATS ... 12 years 10 months ago #41381

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Man How is that thing going to run without its rat to run in the wheel?

Re:RATS ... 12 years 10 months ago #41382

LOL! You guys are great, especially you Larry, great thread...

Frank

Re:RATS ... 12 years 10 months ago #41405

Will never run again unless the engineer comes back.

Re:RATS ... 12 years 10 months ago #41412

Nice, LMAO!!!!!!!!

Bob

Re:RATS ... 12 years 10 months ago #41480

• Matt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
well a very well leason learned on barn finds I guess.....
brought tears laughing while reading !!

Matt in Illinois

I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time !

Re:RATS ... 12 years 10 months ago #41485

i hope jim savage reads this one. lmao...

Re:RATS ... 12 years 10 months ago #41489

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks guys I thought you might enjoy that .Could have been worse like a Snake or a bee nest .I was checking out a abandoned Cuddy cabin once Opened up the doors to the Cuddy and a BIG Bee nest up in there . I didnt piss them off so I tippy Toed my arse out of there ..If you guys go looking at these old boats Ill bet a few of ya found bee nest or critters .Now my biggest problem is this Rat is lurking around in my yard looking for a new home .If he goes in the back yard he is gonna find 2 1000s a 1100 and a 1150 After living in the 500 he is gonna be like ... WOW Trump Towers ...We shall Battle Again or Maybe I could lease him a nice 650 with a blown power head I have .
Larry

Re:RATS ... 12 years 10 months ago #41498

That rat was from our River Rat Club, which back thru the 60's and 70's cruised the Choctawhatchee and the Apalachicola Rivers from up

in Alabama down to the Gulf of Mexico and back!!! 110 miles each way.

I remember we lost one about 1974!! That was probably him!!! Did he have a gray beard and gray hair????

Another one we kicked out of the club for staying in a Johnson!! Maybe it was him!! If so he had repented and homesteaded him another Merc!!

Jim Savage

Re:RATS ... 12 years 10 months ago #41514

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
the savage ii wrote:

That rat was from our River Rat Club, which back thru the 60's and 70's cruised the Choctawhatchee and the Apalachicola Rivers from up

in Alabama down to the Gulf of Mexico and back!!! 110 miles each way.

I remember we lost one about 1974!! That was probably him!!! Did he have a gray beard and gray hair????

Another one we kicked out of the club for staying in a Johnson!! Maybe it was him!! If so he had repented and homesteaded him another Merc!!

Ya know Savage that might have been him .Some grey no beard . Maybe he shaved ..So he would be a Old southern Rat then ?? That makes sense ..On the way home I stopped for fuel and to check the trailer a few times .I swear I kept hearing somebody singing ....Sweet Home Alabama ... I also found some Grits under the lower Carb . Well the Good News then Is I live on the Pelican river . It flows into the Wisconsin and the Wisconsin goes to the Mississippi and well you know where that goes . Maybe the old Boy will find his way back home . Keep a eye out for him ..

Re:RATS ... 12 years 10 months ago #41518

• Kerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Last year in the spring, neighbor was taking the winter cover off his bowrider,a raccoon popped his head up and scared him so much he grew a wet stain on his pants!!! I almost stained mine from laughing. Mr. Raccoon found a winter home in a bowrider underseat compartment. This past winter neighbor put mothballs inside, no visitors this year. Still wish I had a camera that day. :lol:

Re:RATS ... 12 years 10 months ago #41601

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Kerry wrote:

Last year in the spring, neighbor was taking the winter cover off his bowrider,a raccoon popped his head up and scared him so much he grew a wet stain on his pants!!! I almost stained mine from laughing. Mr. Raccoon found a winter home in a bowrider underseat compartment. This past winter neighbor put mothballs inside, no visitors this year. Still wish I had a camera that day. :lol:

That would increase the sales of Charmin Alright ...L.O.L...

Re:RATS ... 12 years 10 months ago #41697

Put him on a south-bound barge on the Mississippi and tag him to depart in lower Mississippi!!

Jim Savage

Re:RATS ... 12 years 10 months ago #41707

yuo guys just ruined good turn key rides, drivers included.

Re:RATS ... 12 years 10 months ago #41719

hey....this is a great thread. even had my wife laughing.

Re:RATS ... 12 years 10 months ago #41751

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
vuyosevich wrote:

hey....this is a great thread. even had my wife laughing.

My first wife only Laughted when I was Naked ..Could never figure that one out ...L.O.L...She was a southern Girl .Came home early for lunch once and I Found out what ...YOU ALL ...really meant ..Ill never forget her Last Words to me .....Carefull Honey that gun is Loaded ... Just Jokeing Here I didnt Shoot my Ex .It was a accident I thought the Safety was on . Ok I better quit before you guys take me serious ...L.O.L..

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Inboard Gear box
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
07-03-2024

Inboard Manifolds
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)