• Page:

TOPIC: Fuel hose issues

Fuel hose issues 12 years 10 months ago #40444

• Alacrity
  • Alacrity's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I read all about the problem you have with old fuel hoses & modern fuels over there across the pond, something we don't suffer with here in the UK yet. Yesterday I was speaking a with a pal of mine who has a Mercury dealership & has been a Merc mechanic since the early '70's. I spoke with him about reducing the timing by a degree or two to cope with modern fuels & his opinion was that it wasn't necessary with our fuels. I mention some of the issues you guys have over there in the colonies & he said that many fuel hoses he gets new from Mercs have 'Not for use in the USA' printed on the packaging.

See, there are some advantages to paying paying the equivalent of $8.53 a US gallon!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Fuel hose issues 12 years 10 months ago #40449

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Like so many things in life, it's just something else we have to learn to deal with I guess Geoff. Glad to hear you aren't having to deal with it (yet?). AFTER replacing all rubber parts, and installing a fuel filter / water separator, it just becomes a matter of making sure you keep your gas fresh and use a good additive. Happy boating, good to hear from you again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Inboard Gear box
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
07-03-2024

Inboard Manifolds