Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Trim limit switch wiring

Trim limit switch wiring 12 years 10 months ago #39896

When I got my PT&T stuff, the wiring from the starboard cylinder for the limit switch was in real bad shape, so I did the best I could to connect new wiring with leads just long enough to disappear through my transom boot, and then end. I.e., they are not hooked to anything.

What do I hook the two wires from the switch to? Just so you know, I have installed a J-rude trim button on my merc throttle handle, and no longer have a merc trim panel of any kind.

I want to be able to limit trim now that I have installed hydraulic steering. I understand I do that by loosening the nylok on the outside of the chrome trim switch, but without power, it will not limit anything. And all the merc manuals I have just say to attach it to the dash trim/tilt switch, which again, I do not have. I'm at a loss (nothing new).

Thanks for any help.

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Trim limit switch wiring 12 years 10 months ago #39897

break the wire to the up solonoid.but then you will need a switch to over ride it to tilt it all the way up for trailering.

Re:Trim limit switch wiring 12 years 10 months ago #39898

Re:Trim limit switch wiring 12 years 10 months ago #39899

Re:Trim limit switch wiring 12 years 10 months ago #39900

dave bernard wrote:

break the wire to the up solonoid.but then you will need a switch to over ride it to tilt it all the way up for trailering.

Dave, what do you mean "break the wire" and how do I know which is the up solenoid? As you know, there are 2 wires.

I don't want to override it, I'm trying to protect my new hydraulic steering system. I want to limit it in a trailering position actually. I don't feel a need for trim limitation when I'm boating.

Thanks!

Frank

Re:Trim limit switch wiring 12 years 10 months ago #39911

take a wire off of the solonoid and try up. by break i mean run the wire thru the switch. call if you need.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Inboard Gear box
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

noimage
07-03-2024

Inboard Manifolds
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)