Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to keep your wife OUT of the shop for good!

How to keep your wife OUT of the shop for good! 12 years 11 months ago #36119

• milkdud
  • milkdud's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
How to keep your wife out of your shop for good! :ohmy:

First you need to invite the young lady out to help you set the WOT timing on your trusty 1975 1500. Ask her nicely to turn the key over and crank the motor for short bursts as you run the timing light.

The next step can be set up or in my case chance can take over. Let your #1 sparkplug lead and plug fall down and make contact with the aluminum ladder you are currently standing on. Now lean with one or two hands onto the motor as you steady the timing light and yell CRANK IT :ohmy:

Now the following electrical current staring at your shin traveling up to your hands will make you look like you just got shot with a 12 ga shot gun. The constricting muscles will let the timing light fly across the shop and knock you butt off said aluminum ladder.

Now the sight of this as she hits the key will freak her out enough to NEVER EVER come into the shop and help again. Its the price we pay for a little freedom and space of our own. :blush:

All I can say is WOW that spark hit me hard!! Im glad she wasnt mad at me and kept cranking for a 2 or 3 more jolts :woohoo:

Conrad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:How to keep your wife OUT of the shop for good! 12 years 11 months ago #36125

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
yee haw!

Re:How to keep your wife OUT of the shop for good! 12 years 11 months ago #36137

Been there, done that, didn't work. She kept coming back to bug me. Finnaly figured it out,bought her new car, gave her 500.00 bucks. Sent her on vacation, she hasn't came into the shop or bugged me since. Skip.

Re:How to keep your wife OUT of the shop for good! 12 years 11 months ago #36139

i dont know about that one skip,if you paid me 500 bucks and sent me on vacation,i would really bug ya ,just for a 1000 bucks and a longer vacation,lol,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:How to keep your wife OUT of the shop for good! 12 years 11 months ago #36143

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
5 AM and I'm sitting here with tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard, Conrad! Thanks for sharing. (I thought that was lightening in the northern sky last night, come to find out it was YOU!) :ohmy:

Mark

Re:How to keep your wife OUT of the shop for good! 12 years 11 months ago #36149

• dpanky
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Conrad, we used to worry about you only when you were on the water trying for new speed records. Now we will worry when you are in the shop also.

Re:How to keep your wife OUT of the shop for good! 12 years 11 months ago #36152

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
skipthescrounger wrote:

Been there, done that, didn't work. She kept coming back to bug me. Finnaly figured it out,bought her new car, gave her 500.00 bucks. Sent her on vacation, she hasn't came into the shop or bugged me since. Skip.

Just out of curiosity,did she ever come back from vacation? Or does she now have a boyfriend? lol

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:How to keep your wife OUT of the shop for good! 12 years 11 months ago #36154

Conrad,
Well that'll get your attention in a hurry! My wife learned a long time ago to not hang around in the garage or shed if I'm working. It's usually cause i'm knuckle bustin and the old "sailor mouth" in me comes out. :ohmy: Needless to say the kids never came out either. :woohoo: But I'm much better now.
Bob

Re:How to keep your wife OUT of the shop for good! 12 years 11 months ago #36165

I'm with 88, did she come back? I've done sooooo many stupid things I wouldn't know where to start. My G/F doesn't come out cause it's hot. Bob you can take the sailor out of the navy but not the navy out of the sailor!! I'm glad I'm out in the country....
JMFC was reflective taped on my cranial for a lot of years and even the o's called me by that....

Re:How to keep your wife OUT of the shop for good! 12 years 11 months ago #36175

Good thing you were 3 steps up the ladder and not 2. :ohmy:

Remember, my opinion in no way diminishes your opinion, nor yours mine. Collectively, there is a middle ground that is \\\"correct\\\" for the reader balancing all the input.

Re:How to keep your wife OUT of the shop for good! 12 years 11 months ago #36199

Hand her the high tension lead and say "hold this, while I crank it!"

Re:How to keep your wife OUT of the shop for good! 12 years 11 months ago #36207

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
marathon6 wrote:

Hand her the high tension lead and say "hold this, while I crank it!"

Thats how my Dad used to check for spark,had 7 sons so he had a built in supply of spark checkers.Got me 2 or 3 times.The first boat I remember had like a 30 hp direct drive motor.No recoil, wrap and pull.Sometimes he would yell duck,but most of the time one of us would get hit with that knot at the end,dam that hurt.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:How to keep your wife OUT of the shop for good! 12 years 11 months ago #36208

Yea, she finally came back. Should have given her more money. But she stays out of the shop now.

Re:How to keep your wife OUT of the shop for good! 12 years 11 months ago #36212

How in the world did I miss this when it posted!!!
I'm like the guy that didn't get the message that the Flash Mob had been moved to 12:30 as I sit here snickering a day late.
:laugh:
Thom

Re:How to keep your wife OUT of the shop for good! 12 years 11 months ago #36261

• Kerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I "test" a motor on the muffs in the driveway, aimed at the open garage, filling the garage with the sweet aroma of two stroke, which she thinks stinks. Reapply when she begins lingering too long.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5140 guests and no members online