Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: A Shout Out To The Dr.

A Shout Out To The Dr. 13 years 3 months ago #35570

I just wanted to take a couple of minutes to thank Thom Adams, or as he is know in these cyber walls, Dr.Frankenmerc. Without going into the gory details, what I thought was a shift shaft problem with my Merc 500, but it turns out I was sold mis-matched parts, and then when I took it to the guy who sold it to me, he basically turned his nose up at me, and walked away from me.

Instead, of burning down his house, with him in it, I left, and drove straight home, and emailed Mr. Dr., and wouldn't you know it, the next day I got a response with pictures, descriptions and prices. No run around, no ignoring, no bullshit. Do you know how nice that is after 2 months of not being called back, and your calls being ignored?

So yesterday, (Sunday), I left my house in Langley, BC, crossed the boarder and drove the 3 hours to Thoms house, where I was greated will all kinds of Mercury love! Wow, what a glorious set up. You know when you've seen stuff on TV or the internet, and think, "man, I'll never see one of those", and then all of a sudden that day happens? Thats Thoms garage!

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you, Thom, for the help yesterday, and good company. I wish I could come down and hang out more, but 3 hours is a long drive, haha! But I'm sure I will need something soon.......like them controls. I got home and kicked myself!

Anyway, thanks for everything!

Now some pictures!

The Dr. and my new 500!

Giving the 500 a quick go through befor the drive home.

This is as close as I was allowed to get to this gem. It actually radiates heat because of its colossal awsomeness.

Here is me hugging Thoms '57 that was in his living room. Note the buldge for the electric start? After this picture was taken, I tried to shove this motor into my pocket, but no go......

Thank you again, Thom! [/b]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:A Shout Out To The Dr. 13 years 3 months ago #35605

You're VERY welcome Tyson and it is always MY pleasure to meet and visit with someone that shares my passion - old Mercs & classic boats!
Y-Up,...Start stashing away some 'Pirate's Gold' and keep yer fingers crossed that someone else doesn't beat you to whichever old Merc I have that is keepin' you awake at night!
Because THEN,...I would just 'hafta' start building another one!!! How horrible could that be!!!
:laugh:
I look forward to seeing some pictures of the Merc500 when you get it on that very cool classic boat you mentioned.
It is always a blast to see another classy old Merc on an equally classy hull.
Thom

Re:A Shout Out To The Dr. 13 years 3 months ago #35611

• Matt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
The man the legend !!
through the cyber world I have had the pleasure of the Doc helping me out, I would love to meet him in person...but I think he would turn me into even a bigger Mercaholic... lol

Matt in Illinois

I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time !

Re:A Shout Out To The Dr. 13 years 3 months ago #35616

"...but I think he would turn me into even a bigger Mercaholic... lol"

Indeed I would!!!

But understand this,...There are those among us - both on this forum and other great Masters of Mercury often lurking and periodically sharing that I long for moments that I can sit at THEIR feet and learn even more Mercury Magic!!!
Periodically they must remind me that I am but a lowly grasshopper in the hierarchy of the Dark Side.

A TCW-3 Toast to The Dark Side!!!! Ar-r-r-r-rgggggh!
Thom

Re:A Shout Out To The Dr. 13 years 3 months ago #35638

Yep, Thom has helped me also and I have to agree with Matt. I think if I was within driving distance on Thom I too would become a HUGE Mercaholic! Thanks for your wisdom Thom, I expect I will need it again once I can get back to that 800FGS. Sad to say but unfortunately it has moved lower on the priority list. Darn honey do list and current vessel pushed it there. :(

Bob

Re:A Shout Out To The Dr. 13 years 3 months ago #35733

• Matt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
:side: i love this forum, i'm a guy who well likes to work on pretty much anything.....just the little bit I have toy'd with my Mercs i loved every moment..it doesn;t matter what I'm working on...its my away time....my little AG had a few scrapes in the gel coat...figured I'd give it a whirl.easier than expected...i have 3 Mercs that i need to get test ran for the year...one the Doc walked me through changing the distrib on...thanks for that...i use other forums for other projects and hobbies and must..this one everyone has their heart in it all..theres no bashing or making you feel unwelcomed...

to all that has helped me out THANK YOU! ;)

Matt in Illinois

I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time !
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online