Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 69' Merc 1000 - 100HP water tube and parts on it??

69' Merc 1000 - 100HP water tube and parts on it?? 13 years 6 days ago #35230

Hey all,

Got another interesting question for you-I dropped the lower unit and put in a new water pump kit in this old girl I obtained a few weeks ago, and the water tube fell out while in the process. I believe that the plastic sleeve is shot that is on it, and the tube itself looks pretty beat up. I am thinking of replacing the tube and sleeve, and from the diagrams I can find (still waiting for my manual to come)it looks like I need a couple other parts that go on the tube to secure it. Can any of you tell me the part numbers that I will need to replace the tube, sleeve, and any other parts that I need to replace with all new??? I know there has to be some kind of grommet or something to secure the tube up top so it doesn't just fall out. Also, where exactly should the plastic sleeve be placed on the water tube? the one that was on my original is all wallered out and twice the size it should be! lol!

Im having a blast working on this thing!

Thanks for all of your help,

n8ebear
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:69' Merc 1000 - 100HP water tube and parts on it?? 13 years 6 days ago #35231

Oooops!

Forgot to mention that if anyone has these parts for sale, Im all ears also!

Thanks,

N8ebear :laugh:

Re:69' Merc 1000 - 100HP water tube and parts on it?? 13 years 6 days ago #35257

the tube just pushes into thr grommet upin the tower(use a light to see it) the plastic tube is a guide that fits in the pump housingget a pump kit and you will have all the parts except the tube.

Re:69' Merc 1000 - 100HP water tube and parts on it?? 13 years 6 days ago #35275

Dave,

yah, I believe the grommet is gone in the tower. looks like this has been a problem on this motor for a while from the looks of the sleeve.

Thanks for your help,

n8ebear30

Re:69' Merc 1000 - 100HP water tube and parts on it?? 13 years 6 days ago #35278

to replace the grommet you will have to remove the powerhead.

Re:69' Merc 1000 - 100HP water tube and parts on it?? 13 years 4 days ago #35477

Have a look here. enter your motor's info, and you can locate a full listing of parts.

www.dougrussell.com/partscatalog/collections/index.cfm?fuseaction=collectdetails&colid=01

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5663 guests and one member online