• Page:

TOPIC: Merc 400 serial #

Merc 400 serial # 13 years 1 week ago #34906

• Shipster
  • Shipster's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
This question has probably been asked a thousand times but I would rather ask it again than scroll through all of the threads looking for the easy answer. I'm talking with a guy about a 59 Merc that he has for sale and I need to find out where the serial# is on the motor so that I can tell him where to look for it. Thanks in advance.
Ship.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Merc 400 serial # 13 years 1 week ago #34928

If is t a MK 58 or 400 motor its under the front of the cowling between the transom clamp screws on a black plate.

Conrad

Re:Merc 400 serial # 13 years 1 week ago #34931

It is probably on the transom cross bracket between the screws. I wish I could remember where it was on my '60 Merc 300. If not tell him to look under the motor on the leg near the transom brackets.

Is the motor all white? Somebody here will surely be more help. Make sure that you at the very least make sure it will crank over and check compression(using a $15 tester from an auto store) if all cylanders are near or over 100 and within 10% you are 90% good to go if everything else viewable inside looks good.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Tim

Tim
\"Barnfinder\"

If the ladies don't find ya handsome, they'd better at least find ya handy...... Red Green

Re: Merc 400 serial # 13 years 1 week ago #34932

if the plat is missing.take the top cowl off and it is on the TOP of the exhaust right rear of the motor.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5404 guests and one member online