Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1975 Mercury 1150

1975 Mercury 1150 13 years 3 months ago #33718

I'm new Fiberglassics, so if I post this incorrectly please forgive me.

I bought a '75 Mercury 1150 to install on my '76 Ranger 175a bassboat, and since I am replacing the '77 850 merc on it I'm fixing the most common issues I have seen with older motors. I have already replaced the fuel lines, stator coil, rebuilt the carbs, replaced the impeller and the wiring harness is new as well, also rebuilt the fuel pump. What I have noticed before I turn the key and fire it up is the switchbox has leaking black goo coming out of it. I was guessing most likely it was
some capacitor leaking from the inside or something. Will this cause a problem with the switchbox shorting out???? If so does anyone have a switchbox in good condition? I would feel a lot better with a non gooey switchbox on my motor in the first place. I am setting the motor up to be in GOOD condition so it is as reliable as my 850 merc is. Any information, help, or
things to look for would be great.

I also am in need of a timing belt. I know I can get a new one for 30 bux, but if you don't ask u never know. any information you guys would have would be great.

Brent.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 1975 Mercury 1150 13 years 3 months ago #33720

Nice motor! Im sure you can round up a used one for around 80-100$ Or CDI makes new replacments.

HERE:

www.magemarinestore.com/cdimeresw111.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online