Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: PT&T for a Mark 78?

PT&T for a Mark 78? 13 years 1 month ago #32043

Could PT&T be adapted to a Mark 78 like I did for my '63 1000?

Franl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:PT&T for a Mark 78? 13 years 1 month ago #32044

yes early to mid seventies PT&T systems

I just bought a set of equipment from Dave Bernard ....Im about to adapt a Merc 700DR

Re:PT&T for a Mark 78? 13 years 1 month ago #32049

There's an outside chance I may pick up a Carlson Contender with a Mark 78 on it. Down tucked into the starboard side under the splashpan is a PT&T pump, no hoses or cylinders. Dave sold me my pump for the 1000 too. I would need cylinders and hoses, but it's a long shot whether I could afford it either in money or physical health.

Frank

Re:PT&T for a Mark 78? 13 years 1 month ago #32062

i have 2 pistons left $100.00 free shiping inside USA.1 914 310 7086

Re:PT&T for a Mark 78? 13 years 1 month ago #32065

Inside USA in this deal would be just up the Hudson River!

Re:PT&T for a Mark 78? 13 years 1 month ago #32066

so your pulling 2 to hammondsport. ;)

Re:PT&T for a Mark 78? 13 years 1 month ago #32075

No way Jose. I'm pulling the Power Cat, and Gail is pulling our "new" classic tiny travel trailer. That's enough for now Ron. I just pulled my back out loading a hand carry tool box into the back of the truck, so I wonder if I even want to "play" with another old speed boat. Got the pickup loaded with all sorts of stuff to insure I have a safe trip tomorrow bringing this baby home from Syracuse!

Frank

By the way, that is NOT my truck, it's the previous owner's...

Attachments:

Re:PT&T for a Mark 78? 13 years 1 month ago #32078

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Thats a cute little camper!

Re:PT&T for a Mark 78? 13 years 1 month ago #32081

Thanks Jesse. I really wanted to build a little tear drop camper, been wanting to do that for a while. Was talking to Gail about what we could build, what I would need to do it. She says "Do you really think with all the problems you have (back, shoulders & hands) that you would be able to do it?" Hmmmm, good point honey. So not long after that I found this baby in Syracuse, bought it sight unseen based on good information, and this is the first weekend I've had to be able to go get it. I'm pretty exited. It's a 1979 Sunline Sunspot, not many made. It's big enough for a full sized bed, and originally had a galley in the back that has since been removed. I'll build a custom one into it. While the trailer lights work, the original 110V and 12v light and power systems don't, so that will give me something to do. Plus it looks like somebody flipped the axle, will need to check that out. It's only 600#s, but came with brakes which no longer work. I'll check those out, rebuild the hub/drums and spend some time this summer just playing with it, maybe while we're off camping.

Frank

Attachments:

Re:PT&T for a Mark 78? 13 years 1 month ago #32086

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I know it's a 79 but the interior looks like post Woodstock! Any incense burns in the wood?Now if you were really inclined to go full tilt remodel mode you could...Put a bed in the rear with a roller or hinge system so that it extends out the rear. Then a new canopy/ tarp to cover that sleeping area,thus freeing up room in the main quarters.Sort of like the new ones are designed where they fold out of the trailer and the folding part is the "bed" with the tarp going over it.She does to appear to be riding higher than normal.I have a 1985 18' that is like the Marriot after sleeping in a enclosed MX trailer for a few years,which was like a ice box when it got cold at night.Kid slept on a cot set up in the back of the pickup.Best 1G I spent for a non-essential.Good luck!!

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:PT&T for a Mark 78? 13 years 1 month ago #32089

The interior is compliments of the previous owner Jesse, NOT stock. I think I'm just gonna leave it simple and build the inside the way we want. We've been tent campers all our life, so we're fully equipped for the life style. This baby is going to be an aluminum tent on wheels essentially. I'll know more tomorrow!

Frank

Re:PT&T for a Mark 78? 13 years 1 month ago #32092

Frank,
Cool trailer. Looks to be a blank canvas for you so to speak. Can't wait to see how you finish that one.

Bob

Re:PT&T for a Mark 78? 13 years 1 month ago #32102

Thanks Bob, gonna be fun (I hope). Up early, few things to do, then it's hit the thruway and motor on over to Syracuse. Hook up to that baby and drag her home. Can't wait!

Enjoy yer day...

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 3651 guests and 2 members online