Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: i can,t pass on this one or can i?

i can,t pass on this one or can i? 13 years 2 months ago #30054

• commander
  • commander's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
So far i got a nice 58 Johnson that is like new original condition and i just pick up a Mark 78 couple weeks ago for my Commando U-2 now i just found this one that is in the local ad.The motor is in perfect ranning condition and all original with control,hose and tank.I know where i live is very rare to find a engine that is this nice.So should i buy it or not for $750.This is a classic Merc how can i say no to it.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: i can,t pass on this one or can i? 13 years 2 months ago #30056

Looks like a 600 long shaft mercury. Just remember it is very rare to have a perfect running 50 year old motor. Many still need some love :)

This one looks real nice tho. Sometimes it does not hurt to make an offer on the motor too. If its all there and pristine and running well then $750 is not out of order.

Good find!
Conrad

Re:i can,t pass on this one or can i? 13 years 2 months ago #30057

Have you heard it run or seen it on a boat? Pretty pricey but if it is in top condition and you dont have to do anything to it , it may be worth a look at. Try to see if you can start out with a lower offer. All they can say is no. For that price you should check it over really good. Good luck if you go after it and keep us posted. Skip.

Re:i can,t pass on this one or can i? 13 years 2 months ago #30059

• commander
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
the guy that own the motor use to have a shop that service engine here for 40+yrs now he retire and sold the shop and this is the last engine out of his collection that is for sale he had it since 1970 just for display only.i am going to see it for the first time tomorrow and i think i should have the cash ready.

Re:i can,t pass on this one or can i? 13 years 2 months ago #30114

Merc 600EL DR 66cube 60hp.......I'd snap it up!

Re:i can,t pass on this one or can i? 13 years 2 months ago #30115

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Not that I have been around for a long time but it seems to me that the price curve on a lot of these glassics along with engines is on the upswing.Which is a good thing if you have a stock pile of these. Not so much if your on the hunt for one.Commander the motor sounds like one that I would not pass up if it was in my neck of the woods,snap er up :) .

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:i can,t pass on this one or can i? 13 years 2 months ago #30136

• commander
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I want to see the motor today and men i fall in love with her.the legs can use some paint beside that everthing is perfect every screw and nut is all original even the original tags is there.The key still shine so nice too.The controll is like new just come out of the box.When i took the cowl off i just had to pay him the whole asking price.The power head and everthing in there is so clean and new.I was so happy i just had to hug her and gave her a big kiss.I am picking it up on Sunday when my friend he can help me carry her cause the owner is old and weak now.I am going to try to ask him if he would gave me his old Merc Keikaufer jacket that he had it hanging in his garage when i get the motor.I will post pic when i get it and you will see what original is.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

test ad
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

test ad
06-02-2024

FiberGoogle

Who's Online