Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: max timing advance 1974 1150

max timing advance 1974 1150 9 years 8 months ago #104737

hi,i am helping someone replace their timing belt and he wanted to check the timing, so i am trying to find out what the max advance should be for a 1974 1150, i had saved timing instructions from this site a few years back that call for 21 degrees for direct charge and 34 degrees for older crossflows. is this still true with todays fuel and how do i tell if it is a direct charge or crossflow.
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:max timing advance 1974 1150 9 years 8 months ago #104740

It is indeed a direct charge engine and 21 is too high for todays fuel. Time it at 19 degrees before and the engine will purr at idle and roar at WOT without melting pistons. This engine is well suited for a medium weight boat and has lots of low end torque. on the high end it will be all in at 5200, just cant breathe any harder than that.

Remember, my opinion in no way diminishes your opinion, nor yours mine. Collectively, there is a middle ground that is \\\"correct\\\" for the reader balancing all the input.

Re:max timing advance 1974 1150 9 years 8 months ago #104743

thanks dave, i don't know how soon we will be doing the work but i will post an update at that time.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online