Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: found a 90 hp mariner 6cyl..Lucky me today!!!

found a 90 hp mariner 6cyl..Lucky me today!!! 9 years 11 months ago #101652

WIN WIN Today.. while out picking up my sons friend i passed a motor laying on the ground in someones front yard.. so i spin around and stop to look at it.. it had a sign on it forsale .. said it had a bad lower unit,,and it was cheap.. checked a few things.. has everything i need to do a Trim & Tilt swap on my motor.. and was able to pick it up complete with controls for $50.00.. mid 80's 90hp mariner.. has everything i need.. and a ton of extra parts..fresh water motor.. pick it up tomorrow and strip it down to parts over the weekend.. this thing is so clean i almost feel bad about using it for parts.. but my 115 will be thankful for all it gives up.. i just wish i had found it a month ago.. could have saved me even more on the parts i have already had to get.. but i'll have all winter to part what i dont need and get my money back..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: found a 90 hp mariner 6cyl..Lucky me today!!! 9 years 11 months ago #101653

Lucky Sea Dog.

Re:found a 90 hp mariner 6cyl..Lucky me today!!! 9 years 11 months ago #101676

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Screamin deal! Nice find!

Re:found a 90 hp mariner 6cyl..Lucky me today!!! 9 years 11 months ago #101694

picked it up .. pulled the cover off to get a little extra room going into my van.. the guy notices the starter off it and says hold on i have the starter.. brings me out a brand new starter.. and askes me if i would be interested in a set of johnson controls.. if not he was throwing them away.. i said sure.. i'll be measuring them out tomorrow and selling them off.. an older set like somewhere in the 70's to early 80's.. but in great condition... im sure someone will be looking for them...

Re:found a 90 hp mariner 6cyl..Lucky me today!!! 9 years 11 months ago #101698

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Sweet deal VR, congrats! Sometimes it pays to be in the right place at the right time, huh? :laugh:

Let us know the length of the cables and the color of the harness plug on the Johnson controls over in the JEGO's Forum, I'm sure somebody could use 'em.

Mark

Re:found a 90 hp mariner 6cyl..Lucky me today!!! 9 years 11 months ago #101699

congrats on your find. don't you like it when they say "hold on"? Karma doesn't hurt either !!! Madbohunk safe boating

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.534 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online