Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 115 mariner flywheel help???

115 mariner flywheel help??? 9 years 11 months ago #101348

i had my son in law helping me today while i was out.. had him clean and repaint my fly wheel for my 115 mariner.. well i come home and see this all cleaned and painted.. but its in like 7 pieces now.. he took the whole thing apart... is this going to give me problems setting back up.. the center hub looks to only go on the crank shaft 1 way.. 1 large spline... but now there are like 6 bolts on the hub to center ring.. and 8 holding the outter ring of the flywheel to the center ring.. by looking at it tonight.. all the bolt holes are the same.. it can bolt up any way? now to figure out the right way.... this looks like its going to be fun to set back up.. any tips???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:115 mariner flywheel help??? 9 years 11 months ago #101368

ok did a little checking this morning and looks like this is pretty strait forward to set back up.. kind of had a little panic mode yesterday when i seen it scattered all over the bench painted up in pieces...didnt know what to expect.. at least he was nice enough to cover the timing tape.. LOL

Re:115 mariner flywheel help??? 9 years 11 months ago #101376

• ed-mc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 115
vintagerunner wrote:

ok did a little checking this morning and looks like this is pretty strait forward to set back up..

Yeah, not too scary; just set #1 piston at TDC (closest to the spark plug hole), and line up the flywheel's TDC decal with the timing pointer location, and that's the only way it'll bolt up and be correct.

It's a good idea to use some sort of thread locker on the flywheel hub's 5/16" bolts (usually Loctite red), and torque the hub bolts to approx 24-25 ft-lb.

Cheers.........ed

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online