Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1960 Wagemaker Empire Clipper 16' (I think)

1960 Wagemaker Empire Clipper 16' (I think) 2 years 1 month ago #146222

1960 Wagemaker Empire Clipper 16'
1960 Evinrude Starflite III 75hp
I've gotten into old boats last week when I randomly decided to buy this Wagemaker at an Estate Auction. I don't have much boat knowledge yet, but am really getting into it. As far as I can tell, it's it pretty good shape for being in a barn the last 33 years. I've been researching the boat and motor, as well as cleaning it up the best I can. I'd like to buy a fiberglass polish and gel wax kit, redo the deck, reupholster the seats, and buy new parts for the trailer, as needed. I plan on doing all the work myself. Any pointers or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1960 Wagemaker Empire Clipper 16' (I think) 2 years 1 month ago #146227

Welcome aboard and a good Choice if I do say so myself. Attached is what the 1959 18' looks like fully restored. I can't tell from the Glassic Library or your pic, if the deck on yours is fiberglass or Mahogany plywood. The '59 is ply as you can tell from the pic. I have to admit all this time I thought i had a '60 but it's probably a '59. Grandpa had '60 on the paperwork though and he bought it new. Anyway it should be a nice riding boat in the waves, but I'm not sure with a 16', the extra 2 feet helps a lot, but the lapstrake style hull does make a difference. Finesse It II is a good polish. i had to wet sand mine from 400 to 2000 grit then rubbed it out and waxed it. Mine was very chalky though. There are a lot of folks who can help on here so ask away with your questions and I'll answer to the best of what I know and others will jump in on what they know. Again welcome aboard.

Bob
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wagespender

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)